Motown's First Engineer Robert Bateman Enterprising

Guest Netspeaky

Guest Netspeaky

MOTOWN'S FIRST ENGINEER ROBERT BATEMAN ENTERPRISING

(MAA NEWS) - Motown's first engineer, and bass singer of the Satintones (the labels first all male group) is heading in the direction of Puffy, and the rest of the rap industry. Bateman is considering manufacturing a line of clothing called "Gordy". "The clothing line will be high fashion and classy" said Bateman. "I'm in discussion with Berry (Gordy) about the idea" said Bateman. "Gordy" is the last name of Motown record founder Berry Gordy. Bateman is well recognized amongst the Motown elite, and is considered amongst the rarer of the Motown stars that are most visible. The Satintones broke on the Motown scene in 1960. When Gordy opened the company, they were the first male singing group on the label. The original members were Bateman, Charles "Chico" Leverett, James Ellis and Sonny Sanders. Songs such as "My Beloved," "Motor City," "Tomorrow and Always," "Angel," "I Know How It Feels," and "Zing Went the Strings of My Heart" cost a pretty penny now days; a single 45 can cut into your pockets for nearly $2,000 in mint condition. "Tomorrow and Always" created some controversy, and a lawsuit (which Motown lost); the answer song not only answered the Shirelles' hit, it ripped "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" off note for note. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Netspeaky

Thats interesting....whats MAA news?

Cheers

I don't know I just happened to come across it on the net, I forgot to bookmark, I've searched quickly for it now, but can't find the bloody thing, but it has to be out there somewhere, if I have time I will have another search for it. :ohmy: someone beat me to it Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

I don't know I just happened to come across it on the net, I forgot to bookmark, I've searched quickly for it now, but can't find the bloody thing, but it has to be out there somewhere, if I have time I will have another search for it. :ohmy: someone beat me to it

Thanks,

Had a quick look at site, but didn't get past home page after reading the following:

"We consider all Motowners family. Our MAA members are also family!"

I just have problems with stuff like that!

Col.

Edited by Soulsmith
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert