Cds

• Replies 53
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Most originals aren't though, so there's no excuse at all for boots and reissues. The only reason anyone plays a boot or a reissue, or off a CD is because they want to play a big money popular tune that's currently being hammered by several DJs, or a very rare oldie that has been played a million times before, or they are scared to death of an empty dancefloor so play safe, either way that's extremely boring and unimaginative DJing in my opinion. Playing originals makes a DJ more inventive and more individual, especially if they don't have the funds for the big money stuff, it's as simple as that for me.

Matt - youve hit the nail on the head mate!

Social source share

I attended a niter recently where I am almost certain that CDs were played in one of the roomsTo me this is unacceptable but want to see what others think

I recall this debate from a few years ago, on here; I am sure that the 'vinylists' supreme leader, Ayatollah Matrix will be putting out a Fatwa, calling for the death of the DJ who committed the supreme heresy, against the God Vinyl (who is, after all, a profit-geddit?), by playing a CD, at a Rare Soul 'do'. :D

There will be disturbances in the street......still, its quite difficult to burn a CD!!!:ph34r:

PS: I recall a certain DJ, at a certain venue in London, who played vinyl; they were all blank labels; I wonder where he got those? shades

......It's what's in the soundfile that matters:6:

Social source share

I agree with only playing original vinyl but what if something gets released on cd (either an unissued track or a new release) then someone has it cut onto vinyl. I'm sure these are called pressings , why not just play them from a cd i.e. the original format. I've been to lots of events where big name Dj's who wouldn't dream of playing pressings have done this very thing by playing things carved from cd tracks.

Just thought I would stir the hornets nest.whistlingwhistling

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!