Its A Conspiracy

Guest Mr messyhead

Guest Mr messyhead

As the years went by and I transgressed from dancer to spending most of my time looking thru boxes and boxes of vinyl and having relatively very little to show for it apart from the back brace and truss. I have found that the more you read into labels artists and recording studios etc then it becomes glaringly obvious that its all just a big mind F@*&. THERE WERE ONLY EVER HALF A DOZEN ARTISTS WHO RECORDED UNDER DIFFERENT PSEUDONYMS, MAYBE A DOZEN LABELS AND HANDFUL OF STUDIOS.

How many artists do you know who recorded under different names and how many toons do you know has the same backing as something else ?? (ALWAYS ON A SUNDAY COMING BACK FROM SOMEWHERE IN THE CAR LISTENING TO A NEW TAPE/CD - THERE'S ALWAYS A TRACK THAT'S THE SAME AS..........AND YOU SPEND THE NEXT HOURS/DAYS IN A MIND WRESTLE TRYING TO REMEMBER WHAT !!

LOADS !!!

Also I cant find the topic now but a member commented on how we all have vinyl in a second box that after we bought found to be a bit dodgy once we got them home but its amazing how when you go back after a few years, tastes and moods change and they sound a lot better.

I've done the same thing for years. Sitting in the house with not much to do it comes to me do dig this second box from off the top of the wardrobe. Giving the box a wee dust down and then wiping the records with the cloth and carefully place them on the turntable with wee slight shake of anticapation. Taking great care as you hesitate slightly as you place the needle carefully on the record as has happened many times before.

You know what !! after all these years they are still PISH - but I live in hope and will continue to carry out this ritual on a regular basis and even though they are worth a great deal more now than when I first bought them I would rather have a good toon than the dosh.

Right thats got that off my chest I better go, starting to get a bit messy again must be time for the meds. Thanks for listening.

:shhh: Mr Messyhead

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest stevejan

I think I may be able to fix you up with my sister in law she has just split up with her husband and need to get out a little more.

I wouldn't bother Imber....I think they keep the door locked most of the day ...huh.gif

Social source share

DUNNO WASSER MATTER WI SUM PEOPLE, THEY TEK THIS RECORD COLLECTIN LARK, AND THIS SCENE IN GENERAL, FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR TOOOOOOOOOO SERIOUS :rolleyes:

BRI PINCH,

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 16TH AUGUST, HORSE AND GROOM PUB, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

FRIENDSHIP @ KINGSTONE CLUB, SAT 29TH AUGUST.

HULL SOUL CLUB, FRI 4TH SEPT.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert