Ila Van

Gigs

Bit of advice please,what's a reasonable price to pay for a copy of Ila Van's- you made me this way? how rare is it? I mean could I pick one up easily? any advice would be much appreciated before I blow all me money in the pubthumbsup.gif

oh and what label is it on?

Edited by Gigs
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Bit of advice please,what's a reasonable price to pay for a copy of Ila Van's- you made me this way? how rare is it? I mean could I pick one up easily? any advice would be much appreciated before I blow all me money in the pubthumbsup.gif

If you want to save a little cash to spend down the pub - it came out in the UK on Pye International Disco Demand. Should cost considerably less than a ton.

Social source share

Guest Perception

If you want to save a little cash to spend down the pub - it came out in the UK on Pye International Disco Demand. Should cost considerably less than a ton.

"You made Me This Way" did not come out on Pye Disco Demand, it was "I Can't Help Loving That Man" that came out on PDD.

Social source share

ILA VANN - YOU MADE ME THIS WAY - PIP 8933 - [R]28503[/R](Sound Clip from the Refosoul Archive)

PIP_8933a_DJa.jpgPIP_8933a_DJb.jpg

PIP_8933a.jpgPIP_8933b.jpg

All of the DEMO's that I have seen, including my copy have "MY MOTHER SAID" Both sides,

make sure that you get the Stock Copy - (Brilliant Record, Always been a favourite of mine).

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

ILA VANN - YOU MADE ME THIS WAY - PIP 8933 - [R]28503[/R](Sound Clip from the Refosoul Archive)

PIP_8933a_DJa.jpgPIP_8933a_DJb.jpg

PIP_8933a.jpgPIP_8933b.jpg

All of the DEMO's that I have seen, including my copy have "MY MOTHER SAID" Both sides,

make sure that you get the Stock Copy - (Brilliant Record, Always been a favourite of mine).

Thanks for all the info you lot,and the scans and clip I hope I can get a stock copy,like you say ITS brilliant,thanks again KTF Gigsthumbup.gif

Social source share

Thanks for all the info you lot,and the scans and clip I hope I can get a stock copy,like you say ITS brilliant,thanks again KTF Gigsthumbup.gif

All the best in your quest, I bought my Stock Copy back in the 70's,

Hopefully not too hard to track one down in 2009.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi gogs, yeah a very good record,I have been after this for absolute eons hope you have better luck than methumbsup.gif

I have an issue for sale at £75

Label & record is clean BUT it has the teeniest weeniest amount of 'styrene burn' in places during the song! Not terrible but you can hear it slightly! I think many folks may not even notice it but I did, so i thought I'd mention it!

Think it'll be fine for playing at home or in a club - full refund if not happy

Please drop me a PM if interested?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I have an issue for sale at £75

Label & record is clean BUT it has the teeniest weeniest amount of 'styrene burn' in places during the song! Not terrible but you can hear it slightly! I think many folks may not even notice it but I did, so i thought I'd mention it!

Think it'll be fine for playing at home or in a club - full refund if not happy

Please drop me a PM if interested?

Cheers

Steve

Ive known 3 copies and they have all suffered from the dreaded kersches angry.gif

were there any vinyl copies?

Social source share

boxing.gif HI IF YOU LIKE IT BUY IT STEVE PLUMBS OFFER SOUNDS GOOD TO MEthumbup.gif THIS WAS A TONY DELLAR SOUND AND MASSIVE AT SAMANTHAS SHEFFIELD shades.gif I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A COPY IN MY COLLECTION EX RECORED AND A MUST HAVE FALL BACK RECORD IF WHEN DJING AND KNOW ONE IS DANCINGthumbsup.gif DO THE RIGHT THING AND BUY good.gifph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Social source share

:boxing: HI IF YOU LIKE IT BUY IT STEVE PLUMBS OFFER SOUNDS GOOD TO ME:thumbup: THIS WAS A TONY DELLAR SOUND AND MASSIVE AT SAMANTHAS SHEFFIELD shades I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A COPY IN MY COLLECTION EX RECORED AND A MUST HAVE FALL BACK RECORD IF WHEN DJING AND KNOW ONE IS DANCINGthumbsup.gif DO THE RIGHT THING AND BUY :good::ph34r: DAVE KIL

Thanks for the advice Dave,as you say its an excellent record,and yes I must buy itthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Perception

I have had two copies in the past and sold them both, that tells me it s ok but not mega!

£75 sounds ok, but I suppose these 70's sounds are so in vogue, it will go silly in the end!

Market forces etc!

Social source share

:boxing: HI IF YOU LIKE IT BUY IT STEVE PLUMBS OFFER SOUNDS GOOD TO ME:thumbup: THIS WAS A TONY DELLAR SOUND AND MASSIVE AT SAMANTHAS SHEFFIELD shades I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A COPY IN MY COLLECTION EX RECORED AND A MUST HAVE FALL BACK RECORD IF WHEN DJING AND KNOW ONE IS DANCINGthumbsup.gif DO THE RIGHT THING AND BUY :good::ph34r: DAVE KIL

Thanks Dave thumbsup.gif

Ila is on hold now!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert