Central Soul @ The Nottingham & Union Rowing Club

after a restless night due to the heat it was 7am and time to get sorted for my first visit to central soul club in nottingham

the car was soon packed with tunes and a change of clothing and after posting some sales it was up the motorway and another lonely

journey.....the roads were pretty clear apart from the usual roadworks and i decided to stop for some refreshments and catch

some of the footy.....utd winning made it a great afternoon and after stuffing my face it was back on the road

i usually try to visit a venue before i dj there but this booking was taken at short notice so i did my homework on line and

via the phone to see what the music policy was.....across the board was the order of the night

i arrived at the venue at around 6.20 to find a bronze adonis sitting in his car...was this the barman or the promoter?...

its funny because he thought id come to open up the venue...after a warm welcome from mal it was time to get the equipment

upstairs and ready for the evening....a hasty rearrangement of the furniture doubled the size of the room and before long

i was playing some tunes to some arrivees that haddecided to GET THERE EARLY to avoid the rush for seats

it was great to meet bam, jim,jonno and reaquaint myself with gary and gail who i hadnt seen since prestatyn a few yrs before

the room was decorated with the names of some superb acts that had done there bit for the music scene back in the day

a nice sized dancefloor and a smallish bar that was more than capable of handling the 120 odd that came through the door

nothing worse than unexperienced barstaff on a busy night

jim took over from me at 8pm..minus his mrs who was due to dbl deck with him....arguments over who played what was cited as

the reason for her no show.....i enjoyed jims spot which was a mixture of classics and semi knowns and a few i had never heard

before

the venue was filling up nicely when gary took to the decks and as is always the case i discarded his plays so as not to

duplicate any of his tunes...i think he played at least 14 tunes i had packed for the evening and one reason i take

a varied selection and sometimes over kill to any soul night where im booked to play...the dancefloor saw plenty of action

during both the previous sets

it was now 10.30 and time for me to get back behind the decks and i carried on where gary had finnished with a few 7ts tunes

and as i had been asked for a few few requests i tried to slot them all into my hour and 15 minute set...i have to say it stll

gives me a great buzz to see a full dancefloor and knowing i was playing tunes they liked...what seemed like 20 minutes later and

my spot was over and time for centrals newest resident..JONNO to do his set and finnish off the night

once again a mixture of tunes followed and he certainly knows his crowd and had the dancer eating out of his hand and

asking for MORE at the end of the night

this is an excellent night and well worth a visit...nice venue with a great sound system and a good sized dancefloor and

plenty of balcony space to chill out on or chat the night away...a massive thanks for the invite to dj and i hope you all

enjoyed the night as much as i did...always nice to meet new ppl....great cpl from leeds and a very nice cpl that spent

the night sat by the stage and large amounts of time on the dancefloor....great to have the support of the grantham posse

and hinge and bracket and staedler and waldorf the PILSLEY regulars...i saw ppl that i recognised from other venues so its

nice to know ppl had travelled for this night

play list and a cpl of you tubes to follow

regards moldie

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest jonnysoul

Hi Moldie

Really good to meet you last night :huh: Just like to say i really enjoyed your spot :hatsoff2:

also look forward too seeing you again soon

REGARDS JONO

yet another great nite at union nice to see Jim back on the decks great warm up set. Gary as usual played some great tunes.

guest dj Moldie as always, played a blinder. and not forgetting Jono who finished the nite great set mate see you all next month

the Grantham possie

Edited by mickjay33

The saying every picture tell's a story ............Thanks for putting this up Moldie.......and what a night sod the superlatives....one of our best nights since our switch to the Union 11 months ago....and the thanks must go down to the guests who turned up on a long Bank Holiday weekend with a high percentage of first time visitors, and our regulars of course,also the 4 Dj's Jim....Gary......Moldie......Johno.....who treated us to some classics the floor spoke so it did.......we look forward to next month and our guest will be Mick H, and Moldie will be back September 24th he was so popular with his set and soulfull commitment we invited him back on Trentside....................

Regards Mal....:thumbsup:

We both enjoyed the night and it was a pleasure to meet you Moldie (we are the couple that bugged you at the side of the stage laugh.gif) we enjoyed your set and glad to hear Malc has invited you back. Malc, as always a lovely warm welcome from you and great to see you on the dance floor, thanks for a great night, KTF Mary and Dave

yet another great nite at union nice to see Jim back on the decks great warm up set. Gary as usual played some great tunes.

guest dj Moldie as always, played a blinder. and not forgetting Jono who finished the nite great set mate see you all next month

the Grantham possie

great to see you and your better half as always

regards moldie

The saying every picture tell's a story ............Thanks for putting this up Moldie.......and what a night sod the superlatives....one of our best nights since our switch to the Union 11 months ago....and the thanks must go down to the guests who turned up on a long Bank Holiday weekend with a high percentage of first time visitors, and our regulars of course,also the 4 Dj's Jim....Gary......Moldie......Johno.....who treated us to some classics the floor spoke so it did.......we look forward to next month and our guest will be Mick H, and Moldie will be back September 24th he was so popular with his set and soulfull commitment we invited him back on Trentside....................

Regards Mal....:thumbsup:

my pleasure mal...its always nice to be asked to do a spot but even better to be asked back again...usually only get asked back to apologise

you got a great set up here and long may it continue

regards moldie

We both enjoyed the night and it was a pleasure to meet you Moldie (we are the couple that bugged you at the side of the stage laugh.gif) we enjoyed your set and glad to hear Malc has invited you back. Malc, as always a lovely warm welcome from you and great to see you on the dance floor, thanks for a great night, KTF Mary and Dave

the pleasure was all mine..what a great cpl...look fwd to seing you out and about somewhere

regards moldie

Source Advert