Robin Hood Brierley

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Barry Holland

thumbsup.gifJust have to say from start to finish i really enjoyed last nite, johna & rachel were missed , dick n woody played some awsome tunes, guest dj,s gibby & barry were brilliant, a little down on numbers but folk still danced and created a great atmosphere , hatsoff2.gif

Regards Mickey2Dinners

Cheers Mickey, yes, had a great time last night. Some top tunes played all night. Great friendly crowd in as allways, friends, old and new. Thanks to my travelling pals, Nigel and Elaine.

Thanks to Dave and Dick for asking me to play and for being great hosts. Here's what I played, not sure about play order :-

10--30p.m. - 11-30p.m.

Miar Davies - Ten good reasons

Major Lance - The beat

Sam Cooke - Sugar dumpling

Mel Torme - Comin' home baby

Drifters - Baby what I mean

Epitome of Sound - You don't love me

Producers - Lady, lady, lady

Billy Butler - Right track

Julien Covey - A little bit hurt

Porgy & The Monarchs - My heart cries for you

Contours - Do you love me

Edwin Starr - Time

Marvin Gaye - Love starved heart

Contours - Baby hit and run

Four Tops - Something about you

Supremes - He's all I got

Kiki Dee - Love is a warm kind of sorrow

The Spinners - What more could a boy ask for

Brenda Holloway - Just look what you've done to my heart

Marvin and Tammi - Aint no mountain high enough

Supremes - Stoned love (long intro)

Jimmy Ruffin - Gonna give her all the love I got

Dave and Sue, see you both next week at the Victory, thanks again, all the best, Barry, KGB, KTF.

Hi I think its all been said! great night great music, thanks to basnave we got there! woody and crew done good again

looking forward to Woody and Barrys spots at The Victory Club next saturday

Nigel & Elaine

Guest BrandySistaShirl

had a good night.

as said numbers down a bit but good company.:rolleyes:

enjoyed the music.

guest d.js.:lol:

nice to see gibbo and sue again.

missed jhona rach and gang.(hope your feeling better matey):thumbup: x

Hi everybody,

just to echo whats been said, another great night over at The Robin Hood :lol:. Big thankyou from Me & Dick to our guest dj's Gibbo & Barry :hatsoff2: :hatsoff2: who both did exceptional spots & kept the dance floor busy with a fantastic mixture of top Northern & Motown :lol:. Records of the night for Me were "Sock It To Em JB" - Sandy Nelson & "Love Is A Warm Kind Of Sorrow" - Kiki Dee, superb sounds :rolleyes::).

Don't forget folks we're here on the 3rd Saturday of every month bringing you more top Norhern Soul & more top DJ'S throughout 2011 & beyond :thumbsup:.

Looking forward to our next social gathering which is on Saturday the 18th of June :thumbsup:, see you all then if not before, Woody :P

:sweatingbullets:Just have to say from start to finish i really enjoyed last nite, johna & rachel were missed , dick n woody played some awsome tunes, guest dj,s gibby & barry were brilliant, a little down on numbers but folk still danced and created a great atmosphere , hatsoff2.gif

Regards Mickey2Dinners

Hi Mick,

yeah got to agree, another great night :cheese1:. Shame you could'nt hit floor, hopfuly you be mended soon :tumbleweed3: (saw you shaking your crutch though laugh.gif). Hey Mick, got this bit of a DJ on from Barnsley next month, think he'll be any good :g::lol:.

Take care pal, see you soon, Woody :lol:

Edited by Streight Up

Cheers Mickey, yes, had a great time last night. Some top tunes played all night. Great friendly crowd in as allways, friends, old and new. Thanks to my travelling pals, Nigel and Elaine.

Thanks to Dave and Dick for asking me to play and for being great hosts. Here's what I played, not sure about play order :-

10--30p.m. - 11-30p.m.

Miar Davies - Ten good reasons

Major Lance - The beat

Sam Cooke - Sugar dumpling

Mel Torme - Comin' home baby

Drifters - Baby what I mean

Epitome of Sound - You don't love me

Producers - Lady, lady, lady

Billy Butler - Right track

Julien Covey - A little bit hurt

Porgy & The Monarchs - My heart cries for you

Contours - Do you love me

Edwin Starr - Time

Marvin Gaye - Love starved heart

Contours - Baby hit and run

Four Tops - Something about you

Supremes - He's all I got

Kiki Dee - Love is a warm kind of sorrow

The Spinners - What more could a boy ask for

Brenda Holloway - Just look what you've done to my heart

Marvin and Tammi - Aint no mountain high enough

Supremes - Stoned love (long intro)

Jimmy Ruffin - Gonna give her all the love I got

Dave and Sue, see you both next week at the Victory, thanks again, all the best, Barry, KGB, KTF.

Hi Barry,

thanks for coming along as our guest, fantastic spot pal :thumbup:. Thanks for the playlist too, played some blinding sounds :ohmy:. Realy enjoyed the night as a whole, another cracker :thumbup:. Glad you brought Eliane & Nigel over, they always seem to enjoy them selfs :yes: :yes:.

Me & Sue'll see you at the Victory on Saturday Barry, Dave :lol:

Hi I think its all been said! great night great music, thanks to basnave we got there! woody and crew done good again

looking forward to Woody and Barrys spots at The Victory Club next saturday

Nigel & Elaine

Hey you two,

great to see you with us again, glad you had a good night thumbup.gif. Good old Baznave, he could find us blindfold now :D. Be nice to see you at the Victory on Saturday, I should be a bit more relaxed then :thumbsup:laugh.gif

Thanks for supporting us guys, see you Saturday, Woody :thumbsup:

had a good night.

as said numbers down a bit but good company.:wicked:

enjoyed the music.

guest d.js.:yes:

nice to see gibbo and sue again.

missed jhona rach and gang.(hope your feeling better matey):hypo: x

Hi Shirly,

thanks to you & the gang for coming along Saturday, great to see you again, think you've only missed about three since we started up a few years ago, nice one :yes:. You were hardly off the dance floor all night, great to see you having a good time & enjoying the night :thumbsup:(we must be doing something right rolleyes.gif). Looking forward to you & 002 joing us behind the decks later in the year :hatsoff2::yes:. Sounds like you played a blinder at Rout 61 on Friday, glad it went well :thumbup:.

Cheers Shirl :thumbup:, see you soon, Woody xxx :lol:

Sounds like we missed a good night, some quality stuff by Barry as usual

See you all next month

Andy and Sheila

Hi Andy,

yeah crackin' night, Baz n Gibbo were awsome :no::D. Hope you had a good night DJing in Sheffield :hatsoff2:. Looking forward to your DJ spot with us next month :ohmy:.

See you both soon pal, Woody king.gif

Source Advert