Innersection Remix ?

Guest Buey

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

And the reason it will make money is lazy, wannabe DJ's who cant afford to buy originals & too lazy/thick to find thier own affordable sounds will buy it & play it cos presumeably its legit & they can play it out & feel they're playing off OVO.......extremely clever ploy on the sellers part, not the first time either & these fools fall for it every time, its almost like a new way of making money from the scene without bootlegging....just my opinion mind.

Best Russ

Social source share

If Butch was playing this on an exclusive half of the people on here would be crawling over the top of each other to find a second copy.

doubt he'd play a great tune that's been victim of a rehash and hasn't really been improved by a "remix"... my point - why bother?

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

doubt he'd play a great tune that's been victim of a rehash and hasn't really been improved by a "remix"... my point - why bother?

The doctoring has done nothing whatsoever to 'Let Me Love Yuh' - and the best side (IMHO), 'I'm In Debt To You' seems to have been given a bit of an electronic snare-drum background effect (to my ears) and some 'tinkling' overlay in a couple of places.

Apart from a money-make, seems to have been pretty much a pointless exercise - although looking on the positive side, it has emphasised just how good the original is :)

Social source share

The doctoring has done nothing whatsoever to 'Let Me Love Yuh' - and the best side (IMHO), 'I'm In Debt To You' seems to have been given a bit of an electronic snare-drum background effect (to my ears) and some 'tinkling' overlay in a couple of places.

Apart from a money-make, seems to have been pretty much a pointless exercise - although looking on the positive side, it has emphasised just how good the original is :)

yeah they don't actually sound very different to me. i would understand if the producer had something to do with it, he would maybe be trying to make some money off a failed production that he lost money on that had become popular and was selling for $$$. But I don't see any info on the label about this being licensed (was it)? Bootlegging a record and remixing it is more lame than just bootlegging a record.

Social source share

yeah they don't actually sound very different to me. i would understand if the producer had something to do with it, he would maybe be trying to make some money off a failed production that he lost money on that had become popular and was selling for $$$. But I don't see any info on the label about this being licensed (was it)? Bootlegging a record and remixing it is more lame than just bootlegging a record.

Yeah, but if Butch was playing it, none of this would matter apparently Bob. Cos this is the kinda thing Butch plays all the time :lol:.

Russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!