Pressings

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

What do you do when a "now" respected DJ (in some circles???) asks which side of the Constellations boot he should play to the unsuspecting audience following your spot?

Heard something similar last Saturday at an oldies night in the West Midlands.

The DJ (don't know his name before you ask Tim) was playing Wade In The Water - Ramsey Lewis & the CD started skipping so he said & I quote " I'll play it on vinyl next time".

Perhaps he should have played it on vinyl that time & he wouldn't have had the problem & perhaps if I'd known better than going to such a night I wouldn't have been able to tell this story :yes::)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The DJ (don't know his name before you ask Tim) was playing Wade In The Water - Ramsey Lewis & the CD started skipping so he said & I quote " I'll play it on vinyl next time".

Perhaps he should have played it on vinyl that time & he wouldn't have had the problem & perhaps if I'd known better than going to such a night I wouldn't have been able to tell this story :yes::)

wished I'd gone elsewhere too perhaps!!!

LOL TOTP

Social source share

Unless it was an O.V.O.policy at the said venue then I doubt that the punters would have given a damn!!! :wicked: .

Edited by Carol J
Social source share

Guest soulboy

had a real interesting chat to a lad other week about boot /pressings /fakes what ever you call them, what he was saying that now the interest rates are crap and people with no interest what so ever in the music are buying rare records for investments,thus banging up the price of 45's ,he would be very carefull buying anything that your not 100 percent sure of ,he told me he had tryed to make a boot leg and it was almost perfect and he is just joe public like me , so what can some one with a little money behind them do ? i must ad he never did it to sell on it was for himself .

Social source share

thats obscene, ramsey lewis is a bleeding fiver, even the constelations is attainable ( though realy overpriced) there no excuse for it and we've all got tales about name DJ's, you can be a collector and not dj but you cant be a dj and not collect! thats all there is to it.

Edited by geeselad
Social source share

had a real interesting chat to a lad other week about boot /pressings /fakes what ever you call them, what he was saying that now the interest rates are crap and people with no interest what so ever in the music are buying rare records for investments,thus banging up the price of 45's ,

Sorry - don't believe this. There's got to be a thousand things to invest in that would give a better return and be less volatile than the vinyl record market. And people who don't know anything about the subject investing? Fantasy I'm afraid.

Now, how are my shares in that jam butty mine doing...?

Social source share

where was this venue in wolverhampton

Social source share

Sorry - don't believe this. There's got to be a thousand things to invest in that would give a better return and be less volatile than the vinyl record market. And people who don't know anything about the subject investing? Fantasy I'm afraid.

Now, how are my shares in that jam butty mine doing...?

Disagree......I know people that buy rare mint progressive albums purely as an investment.They have to be mint though.Never played and filed away.I know because i have sold them a few.Not sure about northern soul though but the top end items are getting more expensive and I assume people buy them for playing.

I have this LP in mint condition with no cover...... can anyone help with a cover??????

https://www.popsike.com/THE-OPEN-MIND-st-RARE-ORIGINAL-UK-PSYCH-LP-1969-NM/250290459642.html

Edited by wiggyflat
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

A better long term investment would be classic British motor bikes paticulary the cheaper side at the moment Francis Barnetts are creaping up in value , in addition any quality spares will become really in demand in the next 20 years or so.I see the classic motor cycle club come by our house on rallies some sunday's and some of the old Rudges are over eighty years old still going strong but need the odd rare part.Bigger investers may be investing larger amounts on Vincent's both the shadow and the lightning are very desirable and will alway's make good money long term investors will make good money on these classic British examples of historic inovation.No disrespect to our love of records there will still be a demand but as an investment it's a bit of a risk.I was at Anglo American once and a guy there spent an awful lot of money on some records and said they were for his grandson after he had died .best of luck on that one man.see ya Simon.

Social source share

Disagree......I know people that buy rare mint progressive albums purely as an investment.They have to be mint though.Never played and filed away.I know because i have sold them a few.Not sure about northern soul though but the top end items are getting more expensive and I assume people buy them for playing.

I have this LP in mint condition with no cover...... can anyone help with a cover??????

https://www.popsike.c...0290459642.html

Good luck finding a cover for that I know its rare as rocking horse fantastic LP though especially the track magic potion they did talk about furious guitar work. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!