Track Id Needed

sister dawn

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

what is the name of the track and artist whom sings this that has the line "who could be loving you other than me" anyone got an mp3 of it that could post it up please.

Just remembered its the Fantastic's Who could be loving you on MGM, anyone got a full MP3 of this that they could post up please, would love to hear it in its entirity :thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

Just listend to both tracks and i have to say I am gobsacked by both just awsome pices of pure soul never heard either track, any idea of a value and has any one got either track for sale whistling.gif

Thanks for posting them up :thumbsup:

Social source share

Dusty Springfield did a fantastic version on her extremely underrated "Cameo" LP. Check out "Breaking Up A Happy Home" and "I Just Wanna Be There" from that LP as well. whistling.gif

Sebastian, think Ed Robinson on Atco 7" did a much better version of I Just Wanna Be There.

I never thought I'd see you praise Dusty Springfield like that !!! I can't think of ANY cover version of a soul tune that Dusty did that was superior to the "real soul" ( african-american ) artist's version.

For example , can't believe the Dusty in Memphis LP is so highly rated by rock cognoscenti when every cover she did on it was done IMO better by other soul artists ????

Mind, I'm not saying Dusty wasn't any good, just that her cover versions, generally speaking, paled by comparison to others. Often her versions are credible, but ultimately inferior IMHO...

Having said that, her Gamble and Huff LP was superb IMHO, her best by far, especially Silly Silly Fool.

What's It Gonna Be is great too of course !

But having seen previous threads on Dusty, I guess I'll be in the minority about Dusty's talents, as I suspect a large number of Soul Source contributors are firm Dusty fans !!!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

ive posted the Al Wilson in Choice Cuts.... :D ...........

I've played this out a couple of times, its one of the wifes favorites.. only thing is I have it on UK liberty.. and its the B side to the snake.. so if people look in your box because they havn't heard the b side they think you carry the snake round with you. :thumbsup: and then they take the pee whistling.gif

Social source share

Just listend to both tracks and i have to say I am gobsacked by both just awsome pices of pure soul never heard either track, any idea of a value and has any one got either track for sale whistling.gif

Thanks for posting them up :thumbsup:

My mate might have them, thinks he's got Al Wilson and going to check on Fantastics, will let you know.

Social source share

Just listend to both tracks and i have to say I am gobsacked by both just awsome pices of pure soul never heard either track, any idea of a value and has any one got either track for sale :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting them up :lol:

Miff

Anywhere between £15.00 and £30.00 ... I have the fantastics on mojo and just had a listen to the Al Wilson one... both are awesome tunes, manship usually has two or three up at any one time but you maybe be able to find cheaper.... :huh:

Social source share

Guest Soulfood33

Sebastian, think Ed Robinson on Atco 7" did a much better version of I Just Wanna Be There.

I never thought I'd see you praise Dusty Springfield like that !!! I can't think of ANY cover version of a soul tune that Dusty did that was superior to the "real soul" ( african-american ) artist's version.

For example , can't believe the Dusty in Memphis LP is so highly rated by rock cognoscenti when every cover she did on it was done IMO better by other soul artists ????

Mind, I'm not saying Dusty wasn't any good, just that her cover versions, generally speaking, paled by comparison to others. Often her versions are credible, but ultimately inferior IMHO...

Having said that, her Gamble and Huff LP was superb IMHO, her best by far, especially Silly Silly Fool.

What's It Gonna Be is great too of course !

But having seen previous threads on Dusty, I guess I'll be in the minority about Dusty's talents, as I suspect a large number of Soul Source contributors are firm Dusty fans !!!

:rolleyes: Firm Dusty fan..the UK's finest female vocalist EVER.. she had blonde hair so some consider her pop. But she was invited to Memphis cause she was so damn good, colour never came into it. And that's why Rick Hall recorded Paul Anka in Muscle Shoals.. you can't knock our Dusty. Soul, Pop, Country & Western, Jazz & folk she could sing the lot.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert