Live Acts

Andy Austin

Only my 2nd ever posting so apologies if i dont get it completely right and a request for info really.

I went to the recent soul week ender at Butlins earlier this month with my wife who is not really into the Northern stuff at all but doesn't mind the more commercial Soul classics. Theres normally plenty to do so we're both happy.

however we were both a bit disappointed by the live Acts they had on this Yr. Aswad, Junior Giscome and Roachford to name but 3.

Jimmy James and Angelo Starr were both very good but its not like i haven't seen them both before at Butlins

i know the acts we all know & love are getting on a bit now but does anyone know who is still performing live from either the 60's or 70's on a regular basis and do they still want to come to the UK. Obviously they have to appeal to a slightly wider Audience than a hard core Northern crowd but there must be acts out there who are available.

not sure if its lazyness or ignorance on the part of Butlins or both but i have spoke to several people who were there and they all said much the same.

Incidently the Crazy horse Northern venue seemed very popular when ever i went in there so top marks to the organisers.

all the best

Andy

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source