Ethics?

Thing is - I live what, 9 miles away from where these were sold and I didn't know a thing about it until a couple of weeks after it happened. So they certainly weren't offered around. The story I heard is that the guy who nicked them, picked them up on the car park at keele after they'd been left outside whistling.gif not condoning that obviously but blimey, not the best way to keep your records secure

Finder`s keeper`s...... whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 71
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

We live in a free world,a crime as been commited and it is your duty to inform the Police about this matter! once a thief allways a thief! Help stop crime and dont be or feel intiimidated by anyone!

would be great in an ideal world yes.

not as easy as that though. i wouldnt like to be the person having to look over my shoulder or worrying about loved ones. grass someone up and prepare to face the consequences.

some real evil b*****s out there who have no problem hurting anyone. like pete said - these guys are criminals. yes it would be great to name them but i wouldnt. my knees are more important to me than a box of records whistling.gif

Shane

Social source share

It's worth it. whistling.gif

is it worth your other half getting a glass shoved in her face?

is it worth your kids being hurt?

gotta think about it sometimes. i have family on some real rough estates and grassing up is a real no-no. not worth it in the long run.

sad but true.

Shane

Social source share

Guest lagerlout

I.M.H.O. I think anyone who knows this individual should make promoters aware of him and he should be banished from the scene. people on the scene are honest in general,if id have found those records in the car-park id have done my upmost to track the owner down. records in some peoples collections are worth 1000s of pounds and they should have peace of mind of leaving them around trustworthy people on the scene.

name and oust this vermin from our scene.

Social source share

shame if they did pick them up i'm sure the reward to someone finding your records would be as much as selling nicked ones..

I found a posh phone once,down Swiss cottage(richfukcersville),rang the person up,he came round a rich arab,took his phone and went,with out even a thank u...... yes.gif

Edited by ken
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

You've got to look to the middleman for help here surely?

The people who bought the records should take them back to the person they bought them from and ask for a refund. He did after all (albeit unwittingly) sell them stolen goods.

The dealer then returns the records to the original owner and he has to set out to get his money back from the seller - he already knows him after all.

It seems obvious that the dealer has been too trusting rather than malicious - but if as has been stated, the bloke he bought them from is a well known criminal in the area then there were surely some seeds of doubt?

Social source share

You've got to look to the middleman for help here surely?

The people who bought the records should take them back to the person they bought them from and ask for a refund. He did after all (albeit unwittingly) sell them stolen goods.

The dealer then returns the records to the original owner and he has to set out to get his money back from the seller - he already knows him after all.

It seems obvious that the dealer has been too trusting rather than malicious - but if as has been stated, the bloke he bought them from is a well known criminal in the area then there were surely some seeds of doubt?

I was gobsmacked when I was told who it was, because like I said, last I'd heard of him he'd been sent down for armed robbery...certainly had no idea he was back on the scene. I believe that the 'middle man' did give refunds to all who took the records back, he is beyond suspicion, trust me.

Social source share

Having read alI this I find it rather depressing that apparently everyone knows but are saying nothing. I personally do not know and probably wouldn't if I was told.

As fear of reprisals seem likely, wouldn't it make more sense to do maybe something like this:

Everyone on this forum tells 10 other people via PM. If you receive a PM then do likewise. No one is a grass, but everyone knows who to avoid. If the person involved is sent to Coventry they might just avoid the scene completely and look elsewhere for their pickings.......Just an idea.

Social source share

Spoke to a friend earlier, said a similar thing happened in the 70's word got about and then no one spoke to them.. so they just disapered..

Thing is Northern Soul do's expect dj's to only play originals, in doing so dj's expect there records to be safe when left behind the decks.. if the person who has been accused of taking the records is in the do!!! shouldn't people be made aware.. imagine if your djiong some where and you have to carry your records with you at all times.. (i know it has been said that the thief picked up the records in the car park... but what about next time.. and there will be a next time as its easy money)

Social source share

Hasn't there been quite a lot of record thefts over the past few years. The ones I know of are Gaz Kelletts - from his home whilst he was at football, and Mouse's from the boot of his car in the carpark at Wilton Ballroom.

Fingers of blame are always pointed, but nothing seems to get done - just a bit of whispering behind closed doors.

Known record thieves should be made known to promotors/dj's/dealers so they are not allowed in venues and are unable to sell the goods on.

In a similar vein back at someones house after a nighter many years ago, I was told not to leave my bag lying around or my purse would be empty when I left!

Social source share

Just like to say and back up Pete on this one - career criminals and someone nicking records can be two entirley different animals in most cases. They are best avoided.

Similary - like TSU offered - the idea of PM'ing is a good one. Keeps any potential legalities out of the way.. I for one don't know who this fella everyone seems to know ( been off scene for years - only just getting back ) be nice for ppl like me to know who these scumbags are.

For everyones safety , like Pete said - these are nasty folk and best avoided. I 'm in the furniture industry and having travelled in eastern europe on business - I've met some very entertaining and welcoming business folk - but the fact that many are armed to the teeth when they travel inside their own countries due to business jealousy, corruption etc doesn't mean they're top blokes!

Criminals are criminals - if they do it for a living - don't get involved. Lets help those who suffer at their hands, and from I've read on this thread there are tons of top , honest and bloody great folk on the soul scene. Awareness and been a bit careful and sharing knowledge can go a long way .

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Just like to say and back up Pete on this one - career criminals and someone nicking records can be two entirley different animals in most cases. They are best avoided.

Similary - like TSU offered - the idea of PM'ing is a good one. Keeps any potential legalities out of the way.. I for one don't know who this fella everyone seems to know ( been off scene for years - only just getting back ) be nice for ppl like me to know who these scumbags are.

For everyones safety , like Pete said - these are nasty folk and best avoided. I 'm in the furniture industry and having travelled in eastern europe on business - I've met some very entertaining and welcoming business folk - but the fact that many are armed to the teeth when they travel inside their own countries due to business jealousy, corruption etc doesn't mean they're top blokes!

Criminals are criminals - if they do it for a living - don't get involved. Lets help those who suffer at their hands, and from I've read on this thread there are tons of top , honest and bloody great folk on the soul scene. Awareness and been a bit careful and sharing knowledge can go a long way .

ATB

Rich

First time I ever went to Wigan, these guys mugged me on our own coach!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

:thumbsup::yes: - After all these years eh Pete ? ? As The Soul Set sang.. ' Will You Ever ...

Rich

The guy whi did that was a black guy called "Patto", he was a right bastard, last time I saw him he was having a toe to toe with 2 Chelsea fans who purposely went into the family section at Wolves to kick off some trouble. That was back in about 1981 though...

Social source share

The guy whi did that was a black guy called "Patto", he was a right bastard, last time I saw him he was having a toe to toe with 2 Chelsea fans who purposely went into the family section at Wolves to kick off some trouble. That was back in about 1981 though...

I remember him well but always managed to stay out of his way

From wot i can gather from the people in the west midlands the said TWAT hasn,t been seen out and about so maybe he,s got the message HE AINT WELCOME ON THIS SCENE ANYMORE

HB :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

What is it about the northern scene and hard cases? In Nuneaton most of the toughest blokes in town were once or are still part of the northern scene (i don't include myself), mostly really nice guys but certainly not to be messed with. In some ways it's not such a bad thing because no civilians in their right mind would want to start trouble at soul events.

On the flip side, like most have said, it makes it difficult to police the scene ourselves. I suppose the only way is to fight fire with fire. I don't know who these thieves are either, but i'm sure we have a few good soulies more than a match for them if anything kicks off (again i don't include myself :thumbsup: ...)

M.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

would be great in an ideal world yes.

not as easy as that though. i wouldnt like to be the person having to look over my shoulder or worrying about loved ones. grass someone up and prepare to face the consequences.

some real evil b*****s out there who have no problem hurting anyone. like pete said - these guys are criminals. yes it would be great to name them but i wouldnt. my knees are more important to me than a box of records :lol:

Shane

==========

I think you make a very good case for membership cards Shane :thumbsup:whistling.gif

Winnie:=-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert