Monday Mix Of Northern & Modern Soul Sevens

Hi Soul Lovers, as another week hits us I hope you're fit and well and had a great weekend. Thank you to everyone who came into Beatin Rhythm over the weekend and the regular Twisted Wheel visitors who popped in. Here's a list of Northern & Modern Soul sevens for sale, if there's anything here that you'd like to buy then please phone 0161 834 7783 to order or reserve or send us a Reply through Soul Source please.

1. I'm Ready To Give Up My Love - FINAL TOUCH (Epic demo, 1976)......VG++.....£110

2. Cry It Out Baby - DEANA LUCAS (Hill Records)........Mint-......£45

3. Shop Around - THE MIRACLES (Tamla, striped design, yellow label)..........VG++.........£20

4. Fool's Paradise - CALLEEN ANDEREGG (RBE)............Mint-............£50

5. Love Shop - TATE (Cloverstreet)..........VG++..........£150

6.I Wanna Come Home To You Baby - TOMMY BRYANT (T-Neck)...........needs some serious Northern needle time; a Chuck Jackson - style dancer with any amount of potential to please and a future winner if played........................VG++....................£35

7. Funky Broadway - JIMMY SMITH (Verve)......Mint-........great instro version plastered with breakbeats and a joy to behold for any sample-merchants.................£15

8. You Can Bring Me All Your Heartaches - LOU RAWLS (Capitol).........VG++.....clearly recorded at the same session as as "Dead End Street", this is a powerful-sounding Northern Beat Ballady dancer, not slow though..........£15

7. Who Said Honky's Ain't Got Soul - THE BANG GANG (Warner Brothers).......big noise at Cleethorpe's, 1976............VG++.................£15

8. Life Is What You Make It - TAPESTRY (Capitol, 1975).......VG++........very Spinners-sounding Philly Soul dancer that'll brighten up any Modern Room playlist...........£15

9. Sock Some Lovin' At Me - BOBBY PATTERSON & THE MUSTANGS (Jetstar).........Mint-........£25

10. One Little Dance - THE MOOVERS (Brent)........Mint-......£70

11. Who Do You Love - THE SAPPHIRES (Swan).......Mint-........£10

12. I Love You Yes I Do - THE INDEPENDENTS (Wand)......VG++........classy uptempo Modern Soul dancer with that essential pre-disco soulfulness...............£15

13. Too Late To Turn Back Now - CORNELIUS BROTHERS & SISTER ROSE (United Artists, 1972)......VG++......£10

14. Man Of Value - TYRONE BARKLEY (Midland)...........VG++............£45

15. Crackin' Up Over You / You Shook Me Up - ROY HAMILTON (Outta Sight/RCA)........Mint.......great re-issue.........£10

16. One Fine Morning / Sign On The Dotted Line - TOMMY HUNT (Spark).......Mint-.......£6

17. I've Had It - GEORGE SMITH (Turntable demo)..........VG++.........£150

18. Beware A Stranger - HYPNOTICS (Reprise)........VG++..............£15

19. Pin Point It Down - THE FANTASTICS (Soul)......VG++............£25

20. You Can Count On That - SHIRLEY MATTHEWS (Atlantic).......Mint-........£25

21. Use Me - THE SATISFACTIONS (Smash demo)..........VG++.......£35

22. It'll Never Be Over For Me - BABY WASHINGTON (U.S. Sue)...........VG++..................£80

23. This Old Heart (Is So Lonely) - LARRY WILLIAMS (Okeh demo).........VG++...............£65

24. Show It - BETTY HARRIS (Sansu)........VG++...........£30

25. In Your Heart - THE DONTELS (V-J demo)..........VG++..........£45

Many thanks indeed for looking over the list, hope all goes well for you today........Keep The Faith,

Cheers, Carl (Beatin Rhythm).

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!