Thursday Vinyl: Northern & Modern

Hi, Soul Diggers. 

Hope the week's going well for you unlike poor Yaya, how awful not to be adored all the time! We love our vinyl sevens though and here's a list of Northern and Modern for your consideration; please send a Reply or phone us on 0161 834 7783 to order or reserve an item.

1. (I Lost My Love In The) Big City - THE DANIELS (Lantam)...................Mint-...........this group was formerly known as The Elgins on the West Coast of America, a lovely mid-paced group harmony dancer will gain friends if played.........................£15

2. He's Just A Playboy - THE DRIFTERS (Atlantic)..............VG++....................would bring happiness to the dance-floor if played, don't overlook this obvious winner.......................£8

3. Dreaming A Dream - CROWN HEIGHTS AFFAIR...........Mint-...........cheap as can be for a dancer that starred at the Manchester Ritz All-Dayers in 1975/76.......................£6

4. Cool Aid - PAUL HUMPHREY (Lizard)...................VG++...................£5

5. One Grain Of Sand - MITCH RYDER & THE DETROIT (New Voice).......VG++.........constantly ignored b-side to a stomper that hardly ever got spun and liked. No, this flip's an absolutely gorgeous Northern Soul Beat Ballad that is so obviously playable nowadays....................£10

6. (Do The) Discotheque - CHUBBY CHECKER (Parkway)...............VG++.......great mis-printed title of At The Discotheque swiftly withdrawn, so bit of a rarity perhaps....................£30

7. Changing By The Minute - DARROW FLETCHER (Uni)............Mint-.....top quality Crossover spin that will reflect well on the DJ that spins it as admiration ensues....................£40

8. I Lost The Only Love I Had - JOE VALENTINE (VAL)......................Mint-.........nice to see this mid-tempo gem becoming popular now.........................£110

9. It Must Be Love - ALTON & McCLAIN (Polydor)......................Mint-..................£15

10. Wild Side - DENITA JAMES (Flip)..............VG++....................£75

11. See What Tomorrow Brings - CICERO BLAKE (Success).............VG++...............£15

12. That One / High Note - THE FANTASTICS (Sound Stage 7 demo)...............Mint-...............£70

13. Little School Girl / Rain In My Eyes - MICHAEL & THE CONTINENTALS (Audio Fidelity)..........Mint-............£75

14. Take Me Back - CROSS FIRE (Virtue)...................VG++......................£40

15. The Monkey Time - MAJOR LANCE (Okeh)..............Mint-...............£15

16. Jilted - SPENCER STERLING (Big Top demo)..............VG++.................£45

17. Hold On - MARVIN SMITH (Brunswick)................VG++................£30

18. I'm Gonna Hold On (To Your Love) - MARLINA MARS (MGM demo).................Mint-...............£65

19. I'll Never Stop Loving You / Shing-A-Ling - CLYDIE KING (Minit).......................VG++...............£25

20. New York City / Talkin' 'Bout a Shindig - SIDNEY BARNES (Blues Tone)..............VG++..............£25

Thank you for looking through the list, keep on loving your vinyl and a big Happy Birthday to all Premier League millionaires wherever you are!

Cheers, Carl (Beatin' Rhythm).

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!