Curtis Mayfield

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster

i keep hearing an extended version of this, have heard it in various shops, bar etc

is it just a cd thing or is it available on vinyl?

if so does anyone know if it is hard to get

regards

andy

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy Kempster

I presume you mean the mean the 8 Min 50 sec version - 1st track side 1 of his first solo album "Curtis" (lots of bongos and sax, if I remember rightly?)

thats sounds like the one

i shall see if i can get the album, nice one, cheers

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

thats sounds like the one

i shall see if i can get the album, nice one, cheers

Was reissued a few years ago on a very good pressing with 180 gram virgin vinyl, original gatefold and everything, better to have it on that than the original pressing :thumbsup:

Social source share

Was reissued a few years ago on a very good pressing with 180 gram virgin vinyl, original gatefold and everything, better to have it on that than the original pressing :thumbsup:

Also came out on a curtom/sequal reissue 12", lp version (8.55) & Superfly and Freddies Dead on the b-side.

Social source share

i keep hearing an extended version of this, have heard it in various shops, bar etc

is it just a cd thing or is it available on vinyl?

if so does anyone know if it is hard to get

regards

andy

Hi Andy

It's Not Vinyl but try this Link to Curtis Mayfield Performing.

Which includes Move On Up, Live. & Curtis Mayfield Live At Ronnie Scott's

It's been in the Media Source Section a few months now, so you may have already seen it.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

I presume you mean the mean the 8 Min 50 sec version - 1st track side 1 of his first solo album "Curtis" (lots of bongos and sax, if I remember rightly?)

side 2 actually being a pedantic git. one of the greatest soul lp's of all time and if you do not own it and buy northen soul records, go out and buy it now and wonder how you ever lived without it :thumbsup::yes::D

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

Hi Andy

It's Not Vinyl but try this Link to Curtis Mayfield Performing.

Which includes Move On Up, Live. & Curtis Mayfield Live At Ronnie Scott's

It's been in the Media Source Section a few months now, so you may have already seen it.

"Take Nothing Less, Than The Supreme Best!"

The Maestro himself doing what he did best. Fantastic!

Anyone else notice the inactivity of the audience.....they deaf or dead??!!

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Guest mrallsorts

Was reissued a few years ago on a very good pressing with 180 gram virgin vinyl, original gatefold and everything, better to have it on that than the original pressing :D

Yes I agree....I have the original album and find that I have to turn the gain right up to have it loud enough and then Its prone to rumble. :lol:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Seconded - in particular "We The People Who Are Darker Than Blue" is awesome political deep soul :D

Agreed, forget Move On Up, great as it is, We The People.. is the track to own this album for. Sometimes i sit listening to it with headphones on just looking at the pictures of Curtis with his kids on the album sleeves. Genius :lol:

Social source share

"Take Nothing Less, Than The Supreme Best!"

The Maestro himself doing what he did best. Fantastic!

Anyone else notice the inactivity of the audience.....they deaf or dead??!!

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Hi Dave

You're right, they appear totally lifeless. ?????? :lol:

Agreed, forget Move On Up, great as it is, We The People.. is the track to own this album for. Sometimes i sit listening to it with headphones on just looking at the pictures of Curtis with his kids on the album sleeves. Genius :D

Hi Matt

I have just found this on You Tube

Curtis Mayfield live- We the People Who Are Darker Than Blue

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Yes I agree....I have the original album and find that I have to turn the gain right up to have it loud enough and then Its prone to rumble. :D

looks like i shall have to have a forage around for the lp then. judging by popular opinion

found an original copy on ebay last night but the condition was crap.

i shall keep my eye out for the reissue copy though if the play quality is that much better

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert