Jump to content
  • Sign Up
LewisDNSC profile photo

Does anyone know who designed any of the sew on patches?

All About the SOUL LewisDNSC

 
Posted

Does anyone know who designed any of the sew on patches - I'd love to interview them for a soul-fanzine that I'm working on atm?

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

You will need to contact the DJ’s of the main venues to get contact details of the promoters and management. Trouble is, we are talking about a time 40-50 years ago so any young designer then, could now be 70+. Good luck with your project but I suspect you could find it rather tricky.

I think Russ Winstanley did a rough draft for one of the Wigan Casino patches so you could try to contact him. Russ is a top man and ultra-helpful so that is where I would start.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

You will need to contact the DJ’s of the main venues to get contact details of the promoters and management. Trouble is, we are talking about a time 40-50 years ago so any young designer then, could now be 70+. Good luck with your project but I suspect you could find it rather tricky.

I think Russ Winstanley did a rough draft for one of the Wigan Casino patches so you could try to contact him. Russ is a top man and ultra-helpful so that is where I would start.

Thanks, do you have a contact for Russ at all?

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, LewisDNSC said:

Thanks, do you have a contact for Russ at all?

Not personally but someone on here will have. I don’t think Russ is on here though. Oddly enough, a distant relative who I have never met is mates with Russ and stands in for him sometimes - one day, I hope to catch up with them both in Wigan.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

The night owl badge was designed by Debbie (not sure if it was Travis or maybe Troops) from Read or Simonstone near Burnley. I last saw her on a design tv show around 10 years ago. I think she also designed one of the casino anniversary badges.

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 22/09/2019 at 18:42, BrianB said:

The night owl badge was designed by Debbie (not sure if it was Travis or maybe Troops) from Read or Simonstone near Burnley. I last saw her on a design tv show around 10 years ago. I think she also designed one of the casino anniversary badges.

Thanks Brian, I'm looking for her on Google - but sadly 'no dice'... I'll let you know if I have any luck!

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, LewisDNSC said:

Thanks Brian, I'm looking for her on Google - but sadly 'no dice'... I'll let you know if I have any luck!

Debbie Troops is on facebook

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

I remember the design for the  500th all niter patch was an open competition advertised in Black Echoes

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

For some reason I can't search for Debbie Troops on Facebook other than one from Manchester who is too young. There is a Debbie Travis who is a successful designer who was born in Blackburn in 1960. That might be her. She is very successful. I'll try to dig a little more....

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

I have e mailed her and asked if it is indeed her that designed the badge. I bet she will wonder what the hell l am on about!

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
17 hours ago, BrianB said:

I have e mailed her and asked if it is indeed her that designed the badge. I bet she will wonder what the hell l am on about!

Good man! Let me know... KTF!

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

The cleethorpes patch was done by a girl from Boston,. But I haven't seen her around for over 25 years ,  her name was Denise ? 

I believe there was a competition to do a design . 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Sorry guys, but no reply from Debbie Travis. I'm 95% sure it was her but her business is a big concern and the e mail mustn't have been passed onto her, or of course, its just been ignored.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.