• Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Try My Love - moses smith - the northern side of philly - jamie 4019

14696 refosoul

Probably not a cd for the purists as all the tracks are re-mixed in stereo by Tom Moulton. Personally, i think he does a great job in making some great tracks sound even better.The three i have chosen are, the two unreleased tracks ; 'Try My Love - Moses Smith' & 'Imperial C's Someone Tell Her (alt version)' which i prefer to the released version. & finally, 'I can give you love - Benny Sigler' which, i think, shows off Tom Moulton's skill in doing just enough without spoiling it.

Social source share

You Beat Me To The Punch - barbara mcnair - the ultimate motown collection cd

14713 refosoul

With the recent sad passing of the beautiful Barbara McNair, thought it might be nice to put up my three favourites from the unreleased tracks on the Ultimate Collection CD.

Social source share

Lone Lonely Town - barbara mcnair - the ultimate motown collection cd

14715 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

I will never understand how they came to the decision not to even put this on 'Here i Am' album ? Criminal !!

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Look At Me Now - ethics - wale - best of ethics cd

14719 refosoul

Okay I assume you mean stuff being released now on CD but recorded earlier rather than current CD's so have stuck to Northernish stuff. First one a right belter, one for Those Funky Kids out there, like their track currently being played, great uptempo thing.

Social source share

I Can Feel The Pain - bobby taylor - motown - anthology cd

14720 refosoul

Version of the Ivy Joe classic which seems at last to be getting its day, wasnt sure this was as strong but more I hear of this the more its growing, Bobby is definitely the Man. Vinyl Carvers here I come!

Social source share

I'll Try Something New - barbara mcnair - motown - the ultimate collection cd

14722 refosoul

Okay appreciate that half the CD has already been posted but due to recent events another Barbara is surely acceptable. And the fact this is the best track on the CD by an Oceans length!

Social source share

You Got Me Walking - cicero blake - grapevine - chicago soul survey cd;s

14726 refosoul

Whata great version, really rate Ciceros stuff and this is up there,Like all of the CD'S I have mentioned so far they are all available and really you need your head examined if you aren't snappiung these up to waltz around your living room to!!

Social source share

Cant Stop A Man In Love - wilson pickett - atlantic - soul brothers

14727 refosoul

Great version of that Ruben Howell pop stomper played at a certain venue!

How could I forget about this one!? One of the most played tunes in my portable MP3-player over the past 6 months or so. The best version around of this tune in my opinion, superb vocals and production! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Believe In Me - david sea - rabbit factory - sound of birmingham cd

14724 refosoul

Another of our big hitter vocalists, and another truly awseome track that would ahve been holding up the tents around the world if on 45.

A great track, soon to be released in the UK on a 7" single.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Believe In Me - david sea - rabbit factory - sound of birmingham cd

14724 refosoul

Another of our big hitter vocalists, and another truly awseome track that would ahve been holding up the tents around the world if on 45.

That entire "Birmingham Sound" CD is great in my opinion. Great liner notes as well. Check it out:

https://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/40911

Social source share

Must say i love the Moses Smith...must have passed me by previously....what a great "proper northern" track....

Chris

It is a nice one isn't it :thumbsup:

A CD well worth getting Chris, the known songs are re-mixed from the original session tapes but it's done in a tender way & just improves the sound quality.

post-5566-1171543164_thumb.jpg

post-5566-1171543188_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Must say i love the Moses Smith...must have passed me by previously....what a great "proper northern" track....

Chris

Wasnt it issued on 7" fairly recently though, by the CD guys, so it is legal I think?

If I am not imagining it can anyone say if its still readily available?

Social source share

Wasnt it issued on 7" fairly recently though, by the CD guys, so it is legal I think?

If I am not imagining it can anyone say if its still readily available?

Bloody hell yes you are right Jocko, with the reworked Girl Across The Street on the other side.

There is one for sale on JM's for £50

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert