Rare?

Guest BIGBOY

Have you ever realised, there are records lying about that are rarer than you think.

Like to know more.

there are good rare records lying about that are rarer than you think

Interested?

Fact, although some tunes were pressed over 25 years ago, a lot of people including collectors think that the copy they have is real...

Are you sure yours is real??????????????

Example loads of people used to think that the Alexander Patten they had was a real original, only in the last few years have they realised (sorry been told) that all they own is a pressing, making Mr Patten a lot rarer than you think.

WANT TO KNOW MORE?????

some brilliant originals are therefore undervalued....

SOME DJ'S ONLY PLAY RECORDS THAT THEY THINK ARE RARE, BUT THERE ARE RARE RECORDS STARING THEM IN THE FACE THAT THEY HAVE DISMISSED AS COMMON......

THINK ABOUT THIS, IN TERMS OF OLDIES YVONNE BAKER IS COMMON, JOHNNY CASWELL IS COMMON.......

MORE TO COME...........

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hey jack,  becoming  a fair old regular now, reckon about time you posted up who you are and from?

just so all know

link

What!!!

You mean people are posting here under psuedonisms?

I think that people should be following my example here and be proud of who they are. :(

Yours in honesty,

Godzilla

Social source share

Have you ever realised, there are records lying about that are rarer than you think.

Like to know more.

Interested?

Fact, although some tunes were pressed over 25 years ago, a lot of people including collectors think that the copy they have is real...

Example loads of people used to think that the Alexander Patten they had was a real original, only in the last few years have they realised (sorry been told) that all they own is a pressing, making Mr Patten a lot rarer than you think.

WANT TO KNOW MORE?????

SOME DJ'S ONLY PLAY RECORDS THAT THEY THINK ARE RARE, BUT THERE ARE RARE RECORDS STARING THEM IN THE FACE THAT THEY HAVE DISMISSED AS COMMON......

THINK ABOUT THIS, IN TERMS OF OLDIES YVONNE BAKER IS COMMON, JOHNNY CASWELL IS COMMON.......

MORE TO COME...........

link

post-1834-1103705302_thumb.jpg

Social source share

What!!!

You mean people are posting here under psuedonisms?

I think that people should be following my example here and be proud of who they are.  :wicked:

Yours in honesty,

Godzilla

link

just think that witty one liners work so much better if know who's saying them :thumbsup:

Social source share

Like to know more.

Interested?

WANT TO KNOW MORE?????

MORE TO COME...........

link

interesting opener

awaiting the "more to come" bit

Social source share

Hey jack,  becoming  a fair old regular now, reckon about time you posted up who you are and from?

just so all know

link

Huh? I'm Jack Barnes ex-scene and living in Camden. Used to collect records but sold them all in the 'dark years' for a tenth of today's values. Like lots of other people. I've not spoken to another soul fan for about 15 years till I found this site. I'm slowly finding my feet again and went to my first all-nighter (in Manchester. I was there for a weekend conference) for a long time. The people I met were great and I'm going to the next one.

Oh, and I'm on a warning from Mike-h (which is probably you) for saying someone was 'being a c**t' on here. I don't know an awful lot about records anymore but I have passed on bits that I do know in the 'Look at your box' bit.

In short,

I've contributed some.

Took the piss where I thought bullshit was being posted.

Improved my knowledge from reading other people's posts.

Hello, I'm Jack Barnes - nice to meet you all. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Huh? I'm Jack Barnes ex-scene and living in Camden. Used to collect records but sold them all in the 'dark years' for a tenth of today's values. Like lots of other people. I've not spoken to another soul fan for about 15 years till I found this site. I'm slowly finding my feet again and went to my first all-nighter (in Manchester. I was there for a weekend conference) for a long time. The people I met were great and I'm going to the next one.

Oh, and I'm on a warning from Mike-h (which is probably you) for saying someone was 'being a c**t' on here.  I don't know an awful lot about records anymore but I have passed on bits that I do know in the 'Look at your box' bit.

In short,

I've contributed some.

Hello, I'm Jack Barnes - nice to meet you all.  :thumbsup:

link

Hi Jack

I lived in Camden until 15 months ago. Loved the place 10 years ago. It has now got the refuse from the Kings X clean up, and I couldnt take it any more.

Try the elephants head on Sunday afternoons. Its full of teds and skins and mods, but they do play some decent enough music with regular 'Northern' and Motown spots. Predictable stuff but a good place for a social beer, and a chat.

Social source share

Cheers mikey - I've passed it often but never been in. Thanks for the tip.

I know Camden's not exactly El Dorado, but movin to S.Wales. That's a bit extreme. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Oh, and I'm on a warning from Mike-h (which is probably you) for saying someone was 'being a c**t' on here.  I don't know an awful lot about records anymore but I have passed on bits that I do know in the 'Look at your box' bit.

In short,

I've contributed some.

Hello, I'm Jack Barnes - nice to meet you all.  :thumbsup:

link

Hi Jack,

If you're at a loose end tonite there's the 100 Club Christmas party.

Should be a few soul sourcers there :wicked:

Cheers

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Cheers mikey - I've passed it often but never been in. Thanks for the tip.

I know Camden's not exactly El Dorado, but movin to S.Wales. That's a bit extreme.  :thumbsup:

link

Ha ha, yes. Being brought up on t'other side of the border, I have had a bit of stick from some mates. Still lifes about experiences and hadnt lived abroad since I was ten :wicked:

Got fed up with the street dealing and taking of drugs. One guy outside the tube was hassling me as I waited for my girlfriend. I told him I was waiting for my wife and she is a copper. He just said fine, ask her what she wants and I will get her the gear.

Social source share

Know what you mean, mikey. It's not getting any better.

AndyF

Love to Andy, but I'm interviewing Somalian refugees till late evening. And it's no fun. Kinda brings you down to earth when you hear what they've been thru.

Any other locals - can we keep it to PM's?

Ta, Jack

Edited by Jack Barnes
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!