Currently on Manship auction

It's not my bag either, but some folks maybe into this type of sound or just interested due to it's supposed rarity as John Manship mentions on his current write up as below on his auction site.

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/harmonica-harry-nothing-but-the-blues-rampart-ramblers-soulin-sr-100-197263.html

Harmonica Harry

Nothing But The Blues / Rampart Ramblers

Soulin' : SR 100 (45s)

Elmon Mickle aka Model "T" Slim with another strong Los Angeles, street-Blues mover this time under the alias of Harmonica Harry on an extremely rare label neighborhood label produced by Jack "Moon" Elliott. In our experience this is Model T's rarest 45 by far.

Written by the highly regarded "Hooks Brothers" of Los Angeles., a partnership that crafted too many to mention, street-level Blues/Soul/R&B productions during the 60's. All on colourful,, independent labels, all highly sought after.

This example surfacing only twice this century, in acceptable condition. This copy is a real beauty, two flawless labels, full gloss vinyl revealing only the merest signs of human contact. "An impossible find"

So now listen again to Model T's harmonica prowess as his rips into Mickel Hooks aggressive creation. Searing Harp notes will ring in your ears, whilst tricky guitar rhythms lay down the pulses for this Jump Blues" winner, an imposing raw R&B dance experience x 2.

Noting hardly anyone can boast of owning this relentless L.A. R&B Tittyshaker, leaving an opening an enterprising R&B DJ to break some new ground.

The flipside adds a crazed saxophone into the mix, making this a fabulous double-helping of seriously RARE R&B that just never comes to market.

Edited by Wally Francis
Social source share

Not sure why you cut-and-paste JM's sales text without providing a direct link to the item up for grabs. That's very discourteous in my book.

For the benefit of everyone - regardless of whether you're interested in bidding on the item or not - here you go:

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/harmonica-harry-nothing-but-the-blues-rampart-ramblers-soulin-sr-100-197263.html

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Not sure why you cut-and-paste JM's sales text without providing a direct link to the item up for grabs. That's very discourteous in my book.

For the benefit of everyone - regardless of whether you're interested in bidding on the item or not - here you go:

So sorry I haven't read your book, please tell me what the title is and I'll look in the bargain bins.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I could listen to sonny boy Williamson all day...and this could fit into his playlist easily, but aside from its rarity, I don't see it as extra special personally.

Auctions of course are all about rarity, and JM does get criticism for sometimes listing 'not rare enough' stuff!

He can't win...

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!