Ibiza bound

Go to solution Solved by Stephen Houghton,

Hi Stephen, this is a great little bar...

https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/venue/malanga-cafe

not just soul but decent music, very central right by the Ibiza town marina. doesn't liven up till late like most Ibizan bars. (mostly locals & very friendly place).

I maybe didn't catch it on the right night but Liquido in Santa Eularia was just general tourists with a bit of motown played in the background... 

Social source share

On 18/08/2023 at 14:12, Bbrich said:

Hi Stephen, this is a great little bar...

https://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/venue/malanga-cafe

not just soul but decent music, very central right by the Ibiza town marina. doesn't liven up till late like most Ibizan bars. (mostly locals & very friendly place).

I maybe didn't catch it on the right night but Liquido in Santa Eularia was just general tourists with a bit of motown played in the background... 

I have been a resident on the Island for 30 years and have always worked in tourism to pay for the privilege of living here, The Malanga cafe usually starts around midnight till 6 am having played vinyl there during the winter months in the past with other local vinyl djs and yes it has an eclectic mix of very good music. Check out the days that it is open as it may only be weekends.

Liquido in St Eularia is situated in the port area and based on tourism although there are many locals like myself visit Andy, the owner frequently and can assure you he plays all types of soul, ska, 60s club etc, I have never sat there with motown playing out all night and we have to remember that there are  strict laws regarding noise levels on the Island with large fines issued not least to the big operators for overstepping the fixed decibel meters on the system provided by local authorities who monitor this equipment. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Yes , Andy is a great bloke. His cocktails are amazing. 
Last time I was  at liquido ended with loads of locals dancing to manny corchado pow wow  and other boogaloo classics 

he has great taste in music 

your so right regarding the noise police in Santa Eulària 

my friend Delores had the Irish bar on the marina for years , she had live music on regular and the noise police drive past every night with their equipment 

Go to the blue fish if your in Santa E, great food !

You’ll love Ibiza - have a great time 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

I played at Delores place some years ago with Ibiza Vinyl Club, we all had a great night, sad not to see her here anymore but I think red tape and bureaucracy drove her into calling it a day. Meanwhile we have lots of live music on the beach tmrw night in San Antonio if anyone´s about.

• Thanks 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Ibiza Steve said:

I played at Delores place some years ago with Ibiza Vinyl Club, we all had a great night, sad not to see her here anymore but I think red tape and bureaucracy drove her into calling it a day. Meanwhile we have lots of live music on the beach tmrw night in San Antonio if anyone´s about.

She is still living and working on the island 

I think she lives near Cala Llonga now

I always bump into her in the queen vic

She’s big friends with Stuart the Landlord.

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just got back from 10 days in Ibiza & go a couple of times a year. Most places we find the prices on a par with UK (apart from the super clubs......) & if you go to the more 'local' bars/restaurants very good value and much better food than UK.  e.g. grilled sole for me, missus had steak. 2 beers each (estrella galicia in bottles), 36euros,  free nightcap afterwards.  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

We were in ess canar part of ibiza and went to local places to eat /drink .but we just didn't find the food very fresh maybe we are fussy .the hotel we were in was the alua soul hotel 4star ,first meal was chicken which was raw and stone cold rice and I mean cold.when I asked the waitress said its always like that ,after complaining it went down hill everyday after ,all the staff very miserable and not very interested.so we didnt eat at the hotel .there was loads more which we would just like to forget about as it was supposed to be a holiday. But we wouldn't go again but that's just our preference. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!