Lorraine silver

Go to solution Solved by Solidsoul,

I’ve always rated lost summer love as a cracking bit of northern soul,however upon searching on YouTube I noticed another female version released on veejay also from the 60’s by a Shelley fabare(which isn’t any good) anyway which is the true first original?

im also putting a want into wants for a copy of Lorraine silver on original uk,issue or demo,don’t mind which.

thanks

lee

• Up vote 1
Social source share

It appears the Shelley fabares is the original version by one year,and just to add lack of imagination, they got Lorraine to do a version of the bside too! How dull!

seems I’ve answered my own question…sorry guys.

Social source share

• Solution
Posted (edited)

The Feathers also did a poor version in 1976 on UK Bell. I don't know why, as this was a couple of years before Lorraine Silvers became really popular.

Edited by Solidsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

"Lorraine Silver" is married to "Barry Collings" who is the manager of Liverpool's "The Real Thing" and still tours with "Angelo Starr" who is apparently related to "Edwin Starr".

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Siz Sale said:

"Lorraine Silver" is married to "Barry Collings" who is the manager of Liverpool's "The Real Thing" and still tours with "Angelo Starr" who is apparently related to "Edwin Starr".

Looks like a tight knitted circle,great info!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!