Your Help Needed

Morning Chaps and lasses,

i have been asked to put together a compilation for my local football club to play before kick off, haltime and of course at the end, someone has already provided some, but they are tired of it now, my local Club AFC Telford United, is a new club and have average crowds of around 1500, unbeivable as it seems a lot of the younger fans are turning on to Northern soul, i have seen 18/20 year olds with soul patches on jackets etc,

AFC Telford United was born out of the ruins of Telford United who went bust last season, this was after beating championship side Crewe in the Fa Cup and then losing to eventual finalists Milwall.

The new club is run entirely by fans, many of whom are soulies we now play in the unibond league having lost our place in the nationwide Conference, things are looking good for promotion at the moment.

In the 80's the club used Afternoon of the Rhino at the end of all games, so i for 1 will pick this track, upto you guys to help out, would prefer solid northern soul tracks that are 100 mile an hour tunes that have that spark to get the place buzzing ect..

many many thanks in advance..

yours in soul

Ron

KTF

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning Chaps and lasses,

i have been asked to put together a compilation for my local football club to play before kick off, haltime and of course at the end, someone has already provided some, but they are tired of it now, my local Club AFC Telford United, is a new club and have average crowds of around 1500, unbeivable as it seems a lot of the younger fans are turning on to Northern soul, i have seen 18/20 year olds with soul patches on jackets etc,

AFC Telford United was born out of the ruins of Telford United who went bust last season, this was after beating championship side Crewe in the Fa Cup and then losing to eventual finalists Milwall.

The new club is run entirely by fans, many of whom are soulies we now play in the unibond league having lost our place in the nationwide Conference, things are looking good for promotion at the moment.

In the 80's the club used Afternoon of the Rhino at the end of all games, so i for 1 will pick this track, upto you guys to help out, would prefer solid northern soul tracks that are 100 mile an hour tunes that have that spark to get the place buzzing ect..

many many thanks in advance..

yours in soul

Ron

KTF

Well,after the up's and down's of your local side Ron, I would say Otis Clay - "only way is up" would be a topical choice :yes:

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

Hi Ron,

I went to school in Telford and went to my first NS venue at Ketley leisure centre run by a fella called Derm circa 76.

I don't think you could go far wrong with Breakaway pt1- The Steve Karmen Big Band you can find it on a kent cd 227

Regards

Chris W

Edited by Chris Waterman
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert