Northants Aggro

Was'nt going to say any more on this matter , but as my name was mentioned on the Northants thread that as just been closed i would just like to try and put an explanation forward and hopefully just bring an end to it all.

I have spoken to luther. who is a co promoter with myself and i know the reason for starting his thread on Northants was done with good intentions , maybe it came out a bit wrong mate :yes:

However it is true to say that there has been a a conspiracy locally from a few indviduals to bad mouth events we run. and on the Silk thread i kicked off due to information i had recieved i hasten to add it did'nt come via any one on soul sauce , as it turned out this info was incorrect...seems some one was trying to wind me up :thumbsup: well they succeeded. I did try and keep communication with people on that thread ref . this to pms but things did spill out onto otherwise positive thread and in the end the thread starter asked for it to be ended...which was a real shame and i whole heartedly apologise to them for my part in this. also i can report that i have managed to resolve matters with most of the individuals involved......unfortunately i have to accept that with others we will just have to agree to disagree and move on.

I dont want any trouble in Northants i would just like to promote my event in relative peace i would like to thank all the people that have supported me on this matter and again apologise to anyone i may have got it wrong with. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE lets just leave it there and move on...if you want to come to the events i promote great if you dont fair enough.....but can we just leave out the bitching......think it was Len Dopson who quoted "ITS ONLY A DISCO" unsure.gif

Social source share

• Replies 37
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I dont know what people must think reading these couple of threads on here about Northamptonshire, but it really is a freindly place!! I have been putting on events for more years than I am willing to admit to and have always found the regulars and other local promoters to be a great bunch.

Yes, there are a few people (& it is only a very few) who take pleasure in sniping at everything anyone tries to do, but who cares about them! I bet that the same sniping goes on in other areas of the country as well, not just Northants.

Come to Northamptonshire, honestly your will enjoy yourselves!!

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

I dont know what people must think reading these couple of threads on here about Northamptonshire, but it really is a freindly place!! I have been putting on events for more years than I am willing to admit to and have always found the regulars and other local promoters to be a great bunch.

Yes, there are a few people (& it is only a very few) who take pleasure in sniping at everything anyone tries to do, but who cares about them! I bet that the same sniping goes on in other areas of the country as well, not just Northants.

Cheers

Paddy

I'd never want to live anywhere else Paddy! :thumbsup: (Apart from Rutland!)

Social source share

Guest Ash

I'd never want to live anywhere else Paddy! :thumbsup: (Apart from Rutland!)

Well it's a long time since I was where I still call home - but Northants isn't the 'Rose of the Shires' for nothing. I'd never wanted to live anywhere else but left before my time.

Unfortunately I think it must have been a trust thing but I noticed the Cobblers got a reasonable ground when I'd left and they'd led me on that was gonna be at Brackmills. My first taste of football was taken in on the Hotel End v. Hartlepool - My first taste of soul at a Mod night in the Mill Wheel on Lings estate - oh happy days!

Social source share

Well it's a long time since I was where I still call home - but Northants isn't the 'Rose of the Shires' for nothing. I'd never wanted to live anywhere else but left before my time.

Unfortunately I think it must have been a trust thing but I noticed the Cobblers got a reasonable ground when I'd left and they'd led me on that was gonna be at Brackmills. My first taste of football was taken in on the Hotel End v. Hartlepool - My first taste of soul at a Mod night in the Mill Wheel on Lings estate - oh happy days!

Thanks Mark & Ash

I think it is only right to point out that people coming to the county for any soul night or event need not worry they are not going to get caught up in some blood bath, far from it, this area is always so friendly and welcoming, it is only literally a handful of people who are putting the area's events down, and to be honest no one takes any notice of them anyway!! :thumbsup:

Come and see us in Northamptonshire people, you will be glad you did!

Cheers

Paddy

Social source share

Hey Paddy, do you work for the Northants Tourist Board?

You are so right about how friendly it is around here! I love the county and the events that are put on in the locality. It has always been a strong area for soul music and I believe gets loads of mentions in books written on the subject. As the historian, I'm sure you can elaborate on that.

Cheers guys, Steve.

Social source share

Frickin 'ell...and you are still here to tell the tale!!!!!Delxx

Social source share

Cheers

Paddy

Hi Paddy

Your right mate, once a month i travel down to Northants for the Works and the Soul Shack in Wellingboro to meet all my friends. I can honestly say what a great bunch of people that attend these venues and have all made me feel very welcome.

Social source share

Guest kev such

It has always been a strong area for soul music and I believe gets loads of mentions in books written on the subject. Cheers guys, Steve.

Social source share

Guest kev such

Hi Paddy

Your right mate, once a month i travel down to Northants for the Works and the Soul Shack in Wellingboro to meet all my friends. I can honestly say what a great bunch of people that attend these venues and have all made me feel very welcome.

Hey Brav

How are you mate?

I see they let you back in the country.

I have collected together as many Osmonds tracks as i can to show you Saturday night. I have got some right corkers.

See you at Glorias

Regards

Kev.

Social source share

Guest Baz

Bit dramatic all this aint it :thumbsup:

99% of the soul world dont really care, sorry find it all abit cheesy myself

Social source share

Hey Brav

How are you mate?

I see they let you back in the country.

I have collected together as many Osmonds tracks as i can to show you Saturday night. I have got some right corkers.

See you at Glorias

Regards

Kev.

Hi Kev

Yes mate they let me back into the country but was hopeing they would refuse me and have to go back.

Kev will enjoy the Osmonds tracks as he has just bought a white suit (he will kill me for telling you)

Anyway mate see you saturday and i will try and find a few Osmond pressings.

Social source share

Guest Timothy

.....and to be honest no one takes any notice of them anyway!! :thumbsup: .....

Cheers

Paddy

:D so in that case, why was silks empty paddy?

just a thought from someone on the outside looking in paddy :D

cheers

Timothy

Social source share

:thumbsup: so in that case, why was silks empty paddy?

just a thought from someone on the outside looking in paddy :D

cheers

Timothy

Who said it was empty?? it wasn't..there was a reasonable crowd in...who enjoyed the music played...I know because i was there..Delxx

Social source share

Guest kev such

Kev, next time you raid me box you can have 'One Bad Apple' cos now I have realised it's by The Osmonds and not The Jackson Five I don't want it anymore.

Good to have you back even if you are going to annoy us by looking all tanned!

Hello Steve.

You'll be sorry to give up a great track like that mate, you ain't gonna be an Indian Giver once it catches on are you?

Its good to be back. Cant seem to get into the swing of working though.

Have just got a great RnB track, cant tell you what it is though. I will play it at the Cracker on the 26th. So my tan should have gone by then so i can annoy you all by playing it.

Regards Steve

Kev.

Social source share

Who said it was empty?? it wasn't..there was a reasonable crowd in...who enjoyed the music played...I know because i was there..Delxx

Totally agree.

It was only the second Silk and numbers were up on the first.

Give it a few more months and with quality sounds like Saturdays playlist it will be a cracking venue.

Social source share

Looks like the monkeys have stopped throwing shit and are grooming eachother now :D

My PM box aint quite so fluffy though. I can't seem to reply to jemco/ooo/D.Head.

Anbody got his email? :thumbsup:

Just spoke to Jem for you. He says he packed his account in on here 'cos of tossers like you' but if you PM me you can have his mobile number.

Cheers mate, Steve.

Social source share

Just spoke to Jem for you. He says he packed his account in on here 'cos of tossers like you' but if you PM me you can have his mobile number.

Cheers mate, Steve.

Really? Nothing to do with his paranoia about the "conspiracy" against him then? :thumbsup:

And why is he now "validating" as oooo? Perhaps that should be ooh-ooh-uh-uh?

Yeah, pm the number.

Social source share

Bit dramatic all this aint it :thumbsup:

99% of the soul world dont really care, sorry find it all abit cheesy myself

I think you'll also find that 99% of the soul world don't really care what you think either Baz. You don't have to read it!

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Hello Steve.

You'll be sorry to give up a great track like that mate, you ain't gonna be an Indian Giver once it catches on are you?

Its good to be back. Cant seem to get into the swing of working though.

Have just got a great RnB track, cant tell you what it is though. I will play it at the Cracker on the 26th. So my tan should have gone by then so i can annoy you all by playing it.

Regards Steve

Kev.

I know what it is.........top tune without a doubt but then thats my opinion. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Baz

I think you'll also find that 99% of the soul world don't really care what you think either Baz. You don't have to read it!

:thumbsup: They proberly dont,

Just find the whole thing an embarasment really.

Social source share

Hi Mark

I made the mistake of having a burger on Saturday at Tony's cafe in Abington Park!! They have not improved one little bit since his Cobblers days!! :thumbsup: It is still laying heavy 4 days later!! :D

Cheers

Paddy

Ha ha!!! was it a case of no Andrews salt..but phone Dynarod instead :D isn't it so nice that we are all friends again eh :thumbsup: Delxx

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

how big is Northants compared to the size of Kent, because you lot should be so lucky you have so much choice every week compared to 1 event a month in Kent.

you bloody northerners are never happy :thumbsup::D

Social source share

how big is Northants compared to the size of Kent, because you lot should be so lucky you have so much choice every week compared to 1 event a month in Kent.

you bloody northerners are never happy :thumbsup::D

You ve not been paying attention, we discussed Northamptonshires place in the uk several weeks ago and concluded that we are south midlanders! Keep up ...... btw I prefered Donny with the beard!

The empire was a better place when real men had moustaches!

xxxxx

Edited by Catriona
Social source share

Guest kev such

I know what it is.........top tune without a doubt but then thats my opinion. :thumbsup:

Inside information Andy, Remember your'e in the circle of trust. :D

Kev.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

off topic posts deleted...

thats a shame because the topic itself looks like it's turning in to real aggro if it continues in this veign much longer !

Social source share

Inside information Andy, Remember your'e in the circle of trust. :)

Kev.

Prepare to be deleted Kev (in off topic manner) "This post will self-destruct in........mins" whistling.gif

Social source share

I find reading all this strange and sad. I've always loved coming over to the fair county. Always had a great welcome when I've DJ'd there, and have some great mates living in the county. Sadly as someone else said, you get the odd dig here and there in every part of the world.

Back in the day, Northhampton produced some of Staffords greatest supporters and attendees.

So if you see an event on in the county, get along, as you will be sure of a good night out thumbsup.gif

PS, sorry to say though, that although it maybe the 'Rose Of The Shires', but 'God's Own Country' is Gloucestershire, Hey Leon :)

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Hi Delasoul! Kev's being really sneaky with this R&B track. I see he was making cryptic references to one of mine but I don't think it's that! By the way just got hold of a copy of Syng McGowan, so must give that a spin at the Pembo next week thumbsup.gif .

I think this is a good little thread now, and just shows what a good bunch there is in the county. It's just we have to put up with the likes of that Snow boy coming along to invade our footie grounds from time to time :) . Seems to me it's anything but embarrassing as nearly every post is very positive. The overall message, endorsed by everyone who has posted, is that if you come to any of the established events around here you will have a good time!

Social source share

I find reading all this strange and sad. I've always loved coming over to the fair county. Always had a great welcome when I've DJ'd there, and have some great mates living in the county. Sadly as someone else said, you get the odd dig here and there in every part of the world.

Back in the day, Northhampton produced some of Staffords greatest supporters and attendees.

So if you see an event on in the county, get along, as you will be sure of a good night out :P

PS, sorry to say though, that although it maybe the 'Rose Of The Shires', but 'God's Own Country' is Gloucestershire, Hey Leon :D

Every other county thinks it's "God's own" (which I suppose they all are in thier own way) which is why we are the "Rose".

Good luck with Soulshakers on Saturday Dave, this is one of the events I really want to do, but can't this month! :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!