Northern Soul Breweryana

• Replies 6
  • Views 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This beer mat is from the early 80s. Any other NS Breweryana examples about?

post-430-1181467416_thumb.jpg

I can remember the stated beer mat being out on the tables in my local , and doing a double take when I saw it .......

I asked the landlord about it , and all he knew it was they were sent by the brewery ( John Smith's ).....

Obviously a promotion by EMI for the album , but as far as I know , this was the only time I seen such promotion for a record release ; But I could be wrong .....

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I've got that album and ironically i stand my beer on it :thumbsup:

and a copy of 'wake up to the sunshine girl' makes a great beer holder when you melt it and bend the sides up :lol:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest bill storey

I dabble a bit in home brew, last year I purchased some used equipment form a guy in Shildon and he gave me a couple of crates of glass bottles for free, when I went to bottle up I find the single word 'NORTHERN' just below the neck. On further investigation it turns out they are vintage milk bottles from Northern Dairy's but I love the look of them full of the strong stuff, on a summers afternoon in the garden with Rockmasters 'Raining Teardrops' playing the back ground. Mmm pure bliss... (even tastes good too)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert