Double Shot Logo

HAVING A GOOD TRAWL TODAY FINISHING TAPES OFF FOR PAUL SADOT AND DEREK P SWEET AND DEEP NOTICED THE QUALITY ON THIS GREAT LOGO.DUG OUT FOXY ,THE GEORGIA PROPHETS,BRENTON WOOD TO NAME A FEW ,WOW WHAT A SOUL LOGO,KNOW IT WAS A WEST COAST LOGO,ANY INDEPTH KNOWLEDGE TIPS,PRODUCERS ETC WOULD HELP THIS SAD OLD ANORAK.

BAZ A.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Baz,

Label owned by Joe Hooven, Hal Winn and Irwin Zucker who also owned Shazam and Whiz.

Ran from 1965 to 1971 and issued 55 singles.

Other artists include Bobby Freeman, the Invincibles, the Recitations, Kent and the Candidates, the Bagdads.

Social source share

Yep, most of 'em are easy to pick up for a few quid, but ther's some great sounds on it, (like the maurice rodgers bit mentioned earlier)

All the US issues i've seen were yellow, the demo's also i think.

I've got a 60's garage 45 by a band called count five, and it's also on the yellow double shot label, but with a different label design. Anyone know if it's the same label?

Social source share

Yep, most of 'em are easy to pick up for a few quid, but ther's some great sounds on it, (like the maurice rodgers bit mentioned earlier)

All the US issues i've seen were yellow, the demo's also i think.

I've got a 60's garage 45 by a band called count five, and it's also on the yellow double shot label, but with a different label design. Anyone know if it's the same label?

yes it's the same label. psychotic reaction was a big hit for the count five, at least in the US. what's funny is that brenton wood actually covered the song, which is sort of ridiculous.

Social source share

yes it's the same label. psychotic reaction was a big hit for the count five, at least in the US. what's funny is that brenton wood actually covered the song, which is sort of ridiculous.

Great flip-side on the Count Five 45 as well IMO, might well be the only garage 45 in my collection, but for some reason it's a personal fave. Do you have an idea where i can hear the Brenton Wood version somewhere?

Social source share

brenton wood's two time loser is a brilliant, laid back summery soul track with a great guitar lick going through it

i posted it on here ages ago, if you do a search you'll find it if interested :thumbsup:

Social source share

Great flip-side on the Count Five 45 as well IMO, might well be the only garage 45 in my collection, but for some reason it's a personal fave. Do you have an idea where i can hear the Brenton Wood version somewhere?

it's on one of Brenton's double shot LPs, I will try to record it for you later today

Social source share

Baz,

Label owned by Joe Hooven, Hal Winn and Irwin Zucker who also owned Shazam and Whiz.

Ran from 1965 to 1971 and issued 55 singles.

Other artists include Bobby Freeman, the Invincibles, the Recitations, Kent and the Candidates, the Bagdads.

THANKS MATE :thumbsup: IRWIN ZUCKER QUALITY .

Social source share

brenton wood's two time loser is a brilliant, laid back summery soul track with a great guitar lick going through it

i posted it on here ages ago, if you do a search you'll find it if interested :thumbsup:

stunning track agree on that check out the georgia prohets for the first time class xover imho.

BAZ A.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert