Third Point

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

The other week, Jerry Brown was going thru Boxy's 'attic' collection, and pulled this out.

After asking a few people and none knowing it, he askes me if I know a thing by Third Point. "Yeah, "Spirit" on Tide, old Cleethorpes spin, not heard it for donkeys" Well Jerry spins it at Piercebridge, fills the floor, so Trevski digs one out and gets same reaction when I play it out. being as how Posse "Evil"

took off after being forgotten and then spun again, I think this will go the same way. Whadda you guys think- :thumbsup: ? thmbdn.gif?

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Jamie

I played it a bit, Trev.

Got a good reaction to it at Soul Or Nothing a few years back when it was at Lloyd Street.

I remember Joe Dutton talking to me about it as most of the Tide stuff is R&B orientated?

Jimbob

Social source share

Guest martyn

The other week, Jerry Brown was going thru Boxy's 'attic' collection, and pulled this out.

After asking a few people and none knowing it, he askes me if I know a thing by Third Point. "Yeah, "Spirit" on Tide, old Cleethorpes spin, not heard it for donkeys" Well Jerry spins it at Piercebridge, fills the floor, so Trevski digs one out and gets same reaction when I play it out. being as how Posse "Evil"

took off after being forgotten and then spun again, I think this will go the same way. Whadda you guys think- :thumbsup: ? thmbdn.gif ?

Have had this in my box since 1976,if I remember right it got droped like a stone when loads turned up for sale on all the top lists,brilliant tune :thumbsup:

Social source share

Have had this in my box since 1976,if I remember right it got droped like a stone when loads turned up for sale on all the top lists,brilliant tune :thumbsup:

That's when i got mine too!

In fact i dug it out last night and gave it a spin at home - guess that funky edge will not sound out of place these days? I also played 'Poor boy' 3 times straight - what a tune! One of the records (along with Oscar Perry & Linda Jones B sides from the same time) that made me realise there was more to life than this Northen malarky :wicked:

Happy days

Steve

Social source share

Its amazing what you can rake up after all these years- Not heard that for 25 years- Not a bad record at all but because its not scarce it wont probably become monster material unless dealers promote it as a reasonably rare record then the price will get higher and it will be Ace spectrum all over again!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Its amazing what you can rake up after all these years- Not heard that for 25 years- Not a bad record at all but because its not scarce it wont probably become monster material unless dealers promote it as a reasonably rare record then the price will get higher and it will be Ace spectrum all over again!

I think that when copies that are loitering in the back of most sales boxes are hoovered up i can see this being in the £30-£40 region in months to come (and no, i don't have any in stock either :thumbsup: )

Start the Dyson..........................

Social source share

Guest martyn

Always loved this will take it to Brid to play next weekend

Also heard "Hip-it" Hossana played in the Modern Room at baltic Soul Weekender, now its YEARS since I heard that played at a venue and it sounded great !

:rolleyes: Good Call.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mel brat

great tune first played at blackpool mecca as a new release circa 74, just got a copy back myself thumbsup.gif

Hi. "Spirit" was played at Blackpool Mecca in early 1976, as far as I know. It was pretty scarce at first (as were many of the more obscure recent releases), but came through Soul Bowl initially I think (as usual). I remember John Anderson had it on the "front page", meaning he had several copies in stock! Yes, it's a bit of a rip-off of "Lady Marmalade" - but the instrumental to LM was also a Mecca spin in the Autumn of 1975!

Third Point also got lots of spins at the early Birmingham Locarno alldayers in 1976.

Meanwhile, I don't think we should take the easy availabilty of ANY record for granted these days! - Look what happened with Willie J. & Co.!!

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert