Wigan Badge - Orig Or Repro?

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I don't know if they did it in that colour, but if they did it would have been a late one. The original one was in red background, which I always thought was because it was a stylised Lancashire Rose. I always worried about the first almnighter badge which was similar in yellow.

Paul

Social source share

I don't know if they did it in that colour, but if they did it would have been a late one. The original one was in red background, which I always thought was because it was a stylised Lancashire Rose. I always worried about the first almnighter badge which was similar in yellow.

Paul

That one was available from (at least) 1976 - might have been earlier, dunno, but I bought one in 76!

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Been asked by a mate for some opinions on this:

Looks like an original badge to me. (lot of work for a reproduction), but I can't date it. Later than 1975 I guess...

Social source share

doesn't really matter that much to me either, but a mate has asked me to lend him a hand, & being a good all- round egg I've indulged him on this occasion. thanks for your replies chaps.

macca

pete: I'm told the back of the badge is a sort of off white colour. yer 'tis...

post-122-1183324126_thumb.jpg

Edited by macca
Social source share

Looks like an original badge to me. (lot of work for a reproduction),

Most of the Wigan badges were repro'd in the early 90's - quite close to the originals, but stitching was slightly narrower, giving a finer image (i.e. too good.)

Nobody bothered to do a 'Mecca' badge.

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

Most of the Wigan badges were repro'd in the early 90's - quite close to the originals, but stitching was slightly narrower, giving a finer image (i.e. too good.)

They did used to be a little black pin on badge said mecca dancing.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

That's because Mecca folk dressed far too smartly to WEAR badges, you complete and utter divvy!

Social source share

come on you know what happens next

we have about 2 more blasts from each of you

steadily getting worse

mod pops up saying something along lines of "take it to pm"

you both do and then thats that

save time and effort, can we call it quits and just skip to the last bit now

thanks

mike

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source