Valerie Simpson - Lp Inc Silly Wasn't I

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Can anyone please help with this, I have seen a US release on ebay that had different track listing but same cover, then also another US release of it with a different sleeve and different album title. Its driving me nuts trying to fathom it all out, but I know theres plenty of Motown afficianados on here who will know all the details.

I have the Valerie Simpson LP, same title, UK release Motown STML 11219 dated 1972, silver cover with Val sitting open legged (dressed) on a stool. Track listing as follows :

Fit it alright

Benjie

Drink the wine

One more baby

Keep it coming

Believe im gonna take this ride

Could have been sweeter

Silly wasnt I

Genius 1

Genius 2

Thanks in anticipation of clearing it all up ! Martin

Edited by MARTIN SNOW
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fredrik

Can anyone please help with this, I have seen a US release on ebay that had different track listing but same cover, then also another US release of it with a different sleeve and different album title. Its driving me nuts trying to fathom it all out, but I know theres plenty of Motown afficianados on here who will know all the details.

I have the Valerie Simpson LP, same title, UK release Motown STML 11219 dated 1972, silver cover with Val sitting open legged (dressed) on a stool. Track listing as follows :

Fit it alright

Benjie

Drink the wine

One more baby

Keep it coming

Believe im gonna take this ride

Could have been sweeter

Silly wasnt I

Genius 1

Genius 2

Thanks in anticipation of clearing it all up ! Martin

Hi Martin, I have the US release with same cover as you describe and also SAME track listing. I know I've seen the other release you describe, it's a later 70's pressing of the same album if memory serves me right. Hope this helps.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Hi Martin, I have the US release with same cover as you describe and also SAME track listing. I know I've seen the other release you describe, it's a later 70's pressing of the same album if memory serves me right. Hope this helps.

Thanks Frederick. Out of interest, whats the catalogue number of your copy and colour of the label.

The US one I saw recently had yellow and brown labels but I couldnt catch the cat.no.

Martin

Social source share

Guest Fredrik

Thanks Frederick. Out of interest, whats the catalogue number of your copy and colour of the label.

The US one I saw recently had yellow and brown labels but I couldnt catch the cat.no.

Martin

Yes it has yellow and brown labels. Cat.no. T317 L.

However, I have to correct myself a bit about the other release ("Keep it coming" from 1977). It's not the same album but a mix of tracks from the "Exposed" (TS311) album and "Valerie Simpson" (T317 L) album.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

I have to correct myself a bit about the other release ("Keep it coming" from 1977). It's not the same album but a mix of tracks from the "Exposed" (TS311) album and "Valerie Simpson" (T317 L) album.

Thanks for that Fredrik, thats where most of the confusion lie.

Martin

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert