• Replies 23
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi All

Could Anyone tell me if this ever got plays

R.B.Hudmon This Could Be The Night Atlantic 3413 1977 ????

dont know how to put a soundfile of it on here

Jock

hi jock

ive played this out at various events..good track but holding on is my fave by him

moldie

Social source share

Hi sunny What mane of Album please

Jock

R.B. Hudmon - Closer To You

Label:Cotillion Catalog#:SD 5204

Credits:Producer - Bobby Manuel , Jeff Stewart , Jim Stewart

Tracklisting:

A1 Get Close (4:55)A2 Cause You're Mine Now (3:31)A3 A Lover's Question (4:34)A4 How Can I Be A Witness (4:10)B1 Bringing You Your Love (3:30)B2 This Could Be The Night (3:45)B3 Can't You See I Love You (3:53)B4 I'm Everything You Need (3:11)B5 Groovin' On My Baby's Love (4:29)

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Tracklisting:

A1 Get Close (4:55)A2 Cause You're Mine Now (3:31)A3 A Lover's Question (4:34)A4 How Can I Be A Witness (4:10)B1 Bringing You Your Love (3:30)B2 This Could Be The Night (3:45)B3 Can't You See I Love You (3:53)B4 I'm Everything You Need (3:11)B5 Groovin' On My Baby's Love (4:29)

Is 'Groovin' ' a version of the great Freddie Waters 45??

Cheers, Rich

Social source share

Tracklisting:

thanks sunny

managed to get a download of it very nice album

Jock

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Hi All

Jock

This was fairly well known as a new release (as was Luther on Cotillion from around the same period), though I couldn't say if it was played at the time. It's had some belated action in the last few years however. I believe one of the tracks even got a UK release, but I forget which. (1976-78 was a particularly great time for obscure new stuff!)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Hi All

Jock

Really went with this at the late lamented and sadly missed 'Howard' sessions, became a floorfiller down there, only really heard it out since in this neck of the woods at the Orwell

BazM

Social source share

This was fairly well known as a new release (as was Luther on Cotillion from around the same period), though I couldn't say if it was played at the time. It's had some belated action in the last few years however. I believe one of the tracks even got a UK release, but I forget which. (1976-78 was a particularly great time for obscure new stuff!)

Yes Mel, it was "How Can I Be A Witness" which actually is a different mix from the LP, I seem to think the LP version was slightly better (or was it the other way around?) Mr Hampsey has given it the odd spin over the years, so may be able to put me straight if I'm wrong :)

I've got the LP and all of his Atlantic 45s, all good stuff :D

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

I played it at Tracys 40th about a 18 months ago and it cleared the floor :wicked::wicked:

I think its a great record.

One that needs to be played out more. :)

Dolly

Just got the albumn and have to agree with all previous posts ,absolute quality right through :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!