Maxine Brown

Guest SteveJohnston

Guest SteveJohnston

"O come all ye faithful" pray tell

(if this as been coverd before soz but the search engine retrived 1112 matches and it's to close to sant claus!)

If one in a million as been booted on a very good looking Wand 45.

I'v just resived one from the USA and it looks just to good if you know what i mean!

It looks just like my old copy in every way Lable, matrix, if any thing the red lettering is a deep red and looks new huh.gif

Steve J

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

(if this as been coverd before soz but the search engine retrived 1112 matches and it's to close to sant claus!)

I'v just resived one from the USA and it looks just to good if you know what i mean!

It looks just like my old copy in every way Lable, matrix, if any thing the red lettering is a deep red and looks new huh.gif

Steve J

I think that it is OK. As far as I'm aware It hasn't been Booted.

I have the DEMO to the red Lettering copy and also another Wand Label Variation.

Wand_WND_1117A-DJ.jpgWand_WND-1117A.jpg

There are still Mint records to be found in the U.S.A.

WWW.Popsike.com

270158254741.jpg

& There was the Re-Issue on the Mulit-Coloured, Mottled Wand Label.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

I have the DEMO to the red Lettering copy and also another Wand Label Variation.

WWW.Popsike.com

270158254741.jpg

Thanks for the info Rodger

I will post a scan later tomorow, now i have seen the red lable lettering you have posted the more i think the one i have just got is a boot, and if it is the sooner we all know the better.

Steve J

Social source share

It looks just like my old copy in every way Lable, matrix, if any thing the red lettering is a deep red and looks new :wicked:

Steve J

I got one of these from the USA a couple of months back, but with black lettering, and I was assured it wasn't a boot.

BUT....about three quarters of the way through the sound becomes very poor and sort of all merges together in an indistint sort of way. :unsure: Had to find another copy to play out.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

I got one of these from the USA a couple of months back, but with black lettering, and I was assured it wasn't a boot.

BUT....about three quarters of the way through the sound becomes very poor and sort of all merges together in an indistint sort of way. :wicked: Had to find another copy to play out.

Kevin

The look of the record had me thinking so i played my old copy then the new one and the meter reading on the two chanels was spot on all the way with no drop in sound.

Steve J

Social source share

I will post a scan later tomorow, now i have seen the red lable lettering you have posted the more i think the one i have just got is a boot, and if it is the sooner we all know the better.

Steve J

Hi Steve

I'm still hoping that your copy is OK.

Looking forward to the scan.

I'll have a look at the Matrix on my two & Post them up.

Since your first post I've been on the hunt over the Internet to see if anyone has Multiples of Maxine Brown.

I have to say that If it is a recent BOOT I couldn't find anything.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Hi Steve

I'm still hoping that your copy is OK.

Looking forward to the scan.

I'll have a look at the Matrix on my two & Post them up.

Since your first post I've been on the hunt over the Internet to see if anyone has Multiples of Maxine Brown.

I have to say that If it is a recent BOOT I couldn't find anything.

Rodger

I have just been running the lable though my mind and somthing has crossed it! i had the record fron the US but never looked to see if it was a USA copy could it be Canadian copy! :wicked:

Can't wait to get home now to see but going to the pub at 12.00 with work mates for a alldayer!

In the morning i'm going to pick up my new deck (Xmas presse from my lady) a Transcriptors Satern :unsure: will post up scan mid afternoon.

Steve J

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

It looks just like my old copy in every way Lable, matrix, if any thing the red lettering is a deep red and looks new :unsure:

Steve J

Do people actually boot "cheap records"???

Always thought this Maxine Brown was'nt expensive or hard to find ,so why boot it?

maybe the honey bees or masqueraders etc, if you wanted to make money :wicked:

Social source share

Rodger

I have just been running the lable though my mind and somthing has crossed it! i had the record fron the US but never looked to see if it was a USA copy could it be Canadian copy! :wicked:

Can't wait to get home now to see but going to the pub at 12.00 with work mates for a alldayer!

In the morning i'm going to pick up my new deck (Xmas presse from my lady) a Transcriptors Satern :unsure: will post up scan mid afternoon.

Steve J

Could be, and very nice too if it is.

As I said earlier I'm sure it will be an Original,

Canadian : well not to everyones taste but I like them, and must be rare if it is Canadian.

Out of Interest and by complete coincidence Ken has Just Posted

a Canadian WAND of Roscoe Robinson - That's Enough - >>> LINK <<< in the Media Section.

Might partake in a Tot of Whiskey myself later today, as I am off work over Christmas for a change.

snowman_big-AGOL.gifjointit.jpgreindeer_and_santa.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

It looks just like my old copy in every way Lable, matrix, if any thing the red lettering is a deep red and looks new :unsure:

Steve J

I received my copy of Chuck Jackson (on Wand) today from the US and I would've said it was brand new. Like yourself for a fleeting minute thought it was too good to be true, but knowing the seller (Craig Moerer on Ebay) just think to myself glad I paid just a few quid extra for a copy listed at mint minus than for a scruffy looking vg++ one.

By the way who did you buy the Maxine Brown from? Just for future reference of course :wicked: .

post-1182-1198239765_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I received my copy of Chuck Jackson (on Wand) today from the US and I would've said it was brand new. Like yourself for a fleeting minute thought it was too good to be true, but knowing the seller (Craig Moerer on Ebay) just think to myself glad I paid just a few quid extra for a copy listed at mint minus than for a scruffy looking vg++ one.

By the way who did you buy the Maxine Brown from? Just for future reference of course :sleep3: .

post-1182-1198239765_thumb.jpg

Mine looked too good to be true - and was graded as VG++

Like I say, the sound was awful towards the end.

Got it of evilbay from "shermy67" of Shermy's Record Shack, San Leandro, California. - was very cheap and wouldn't have thought a seller with a large turnover would benefit from booting it for little gain. Maybe there's a pressing fault with just a few copies?

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

WWW.Popsike.com

270158254741.jpg

Has the top right pictured record got a H stamped in the run-out and is good quility vinyl? Looks like a copy I have.

Social source share

WWW.Popsike.com

270158254741.jpg

Has the top right pictured record got a H stamped in the run-out and is good quality vinyl? Looks like a copy I have. Sorry to post twice but must get my spelling right, long time since I was at school!!

Social source share

Do people actually boot "cheap records"???

Always thought this Maxine Brown was'nt expensive or hard to find ,so why boot it?

maybe the honey bees or masqueraders etc, if you wanted to make money :rolleyes:

Well they did at the time because they were so hard to find - it's hard to believe that something like "Please let me in" was once so hard to get that it was bootlegged.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Guest SteveJohnston

Steve J

Hi All

Sorry about leaving this post high and dry but I had some terrible Family news on the Saturday before Christmas and it's only now that I have felt like rejoining earth so to speak.

So back to the post after looking at the scans posted it looks like mine is ok!

Thanks to every one.

Steve J

Ps HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERONE

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert