• Replies 20
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

does anyone on here collect them?

i have a couple if anyone does (free to good home). nothing rare - off top of head i have jackie wilson - just be sincere / i dont want to lose you. spinners - i'll be around.

if anyone wants them pm you address and i will have a look see if i have more and post them off

Social source share

My copy of The Ascots - "Another Day" - Mir-A-Don has reversed label's and there is a juke box title strip or at least it certainly looks like one? stuck on the 'Another Day' side over the flip title if you understand what I mean, weird to think that a record like this would have maybe been in a jukebox in the first place. See Scan.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

post-1475-1209207642_thumb.jpg

post-1475-1209207642_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I hope they're not rare, i keep getting them turn up in the box with records from the states but i just throw them away. :rolleyes:

Some ebay dealers seem fond of doing it, realpieceofwork for example.

Social source share

My copy of The Ascots - "Another Day" - Mir-A-Don has reversed label's and there is a juke box title strip or at least it certainly looks like one? stuck on the 'Another Day' side over the flip title if you understand what I mean, weird to think that a record like this would have maybe been in a jukebox in the first place. See Scan.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Funny that mark, my mate has a lou pride exactly the same, wonder what thats all about :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I have a number, don't collect them as such but I do hang on to the ones I get. The Vondells is great, just goes to show that someone saw something in the record to consider it for jukebox distribution, if so then there must be boxes of it somewhere, as I can't imagine just one copy being made available.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

just got these must be rare imopost-10837-1209202999_thumb.jpg

I only have the one (Earl Grant "Hide Nor Hair") I wouldn't mind more actually, but the last thing I need is another "serious collecting habit"! laugh.gif

Social source share

Ive had a couple in the seventies/eighties got sapphires slow fizz one, not a patch on the vondells, would like to find that jukebox, makes you cringe thinking of it in some country & western bar, with all the cowboys fighting laugh.gif:lol::lol:

Is this a festish of yours H ? :D ...........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

I am sure i had a Jackie Wilson - Reet Pettie one. But Isn't that what makes a jukebox better if you had one in a pub with say Cooperetes in it or Jackie Wilson - Just Be Sincere at least it's Northern and not the typical track found in most jukeboxes. I went in hotel last year and they still had a jukebox i am like most have cd ones now lol

Social source share

Always keep these, if I find them, including:-

- Inspirations - Touch Me, Hold Me, Kiss Me

- George Smith - I've Had It

- Don Gardner - My Baby Likes To Booaloo (note spelling!)

- Nathan Mckinney - Oh How I Love You

- Sam & Bill - I'll Try

- Dee Clark - That's My Girl/Come Closer

- Marvin Smith - Have More Time

- Bobby Bland - Shoes

- Etta James - Seven Day Fool

- Dean Parrish - Tell Her

- Exits - Under The Streetlamp

Des Parker

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now