Billy Nichols'

Barry

Being a jack of all trades kind of bloke, I was from an early age very aware of the prolific release rate of West End Records - I bought this at Wigan on a 7" for £8...but I've never seen a 12" copy of it.

Knowing what I do about West End, I shouldn't even embarass myself by making this post [as I would think it obvious that it must have been released on a 12"), but again - I've never come across one.

Can someone prove me wrong?

And if so, sell me a 12" of it?

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Being a jack of all trades kind of bloke, I was from an early age very aware of the prolific release rate of West End Records - I bought this at Wigan on a 7" for £8...but I've never seen a 12" copy of it.

Knowing what I do about West End, I shouldn't even embarass myself by making this post [as I would think it obvious that it must have been released on a 12"), but again - I've never come across one.

https://www1.gemm.com/item/BILLY--NICHOLS/D...G/GML125973809/

Social source share

Not 100% on this Barry but seem to remember it coming out twice on West End on 12"

One version lasted 5 minutes + and another version was over 9 minutes.

[/quo

Like Martine states , I am unsure as well , having not been a DJ according to some people :thumbup: .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Not 100% on this Barry but seem to remember it coming out twice on West End on 12"

One version lasted 5 minutes + and another version was over 9 minutes.

Hi all

got the 9min 12". would try and post a scan but unable at moment

classic tune - should get played more oftern

take it easy

phil

Edited by grumpyfella
Social source share

Billy Nichols 12" Westend 22126 12

a. DIAMOND RING 9' 25 " b. DIAMOND RING 5'.40" + bonus track MY WOMAN

hope that helps.

Social source share

Guest eedeecee

FYI

official first commercial release of the 12" 1980 West End Records. Acetates with the 9'.25" Larry Levan mix were on rotation at the Paradise Garage before this 12" came out. Not as big as 'give your body up to the music' by Billy Nichols in 1979, but a strong follow-up in a great 9'.25" Levan Mix. Larry being credited as 'consultant' on the label

post-263-1210625008_thumb.jpgpost-263-1210624999_thumb.jpg

post-263-1210624989_thumb.jpgpost-263-1210624974_thumb.jpg

Social source share

If I had the faintest idea of value I would Barry :huh:

Social source share

Obviously West End released a 12", but not a week has gone by without me digging in US released material and, again, I have never come across one.

Thanks for putting a long forgotten bug bear to rest folks - I'll have the 12" if anyone wants to part - can't wait to hear the 9 min edit.

Cheers.

Social source share

FYI

official first commercial release of the 12" 1980 West End Records. Acetates with the 9'.25" Larry Levan mix were on rotation at the Paradise Garage before this 12" came out. Not as big as 'give your body up to the music' by Billy Nichols in 1979, but a strong follow-up in a great 9'.25" Levan Mix. Larry being credited as 'consultant' on the label

post-263-1210625008_thumb.jpgpost-263-1210624999_thumb.jpg

post-263-1210624989_thumb.jpgpost-263-1210624974_thumb.jpg

Maybe not to the NY club scene at the time, but to me it p*sses over it, both in it's production and also vocally.

Killer dancer.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!