Prince Ellis

Guest Fabsoul69

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Fabsoul 69, would like to help with your "want," but I'm afraid I can't, in fact I'm not certain the record even exists.

My name is Mark Ellis so I think that if I'd ever seen a record on the Ellis label it would have stuck in my mind & I'd probably have bought it just out of curiosity/posterity. That said, for the past 18 months (roughly) my mind's been very mixed up & I've dropped some horrendous clangers so maybe I even recorded the record myself but just forgot about it.

This message is obviously of no use but if I can help in any way, or you can help me in anyway then don't hesitate to make contact, 07737775878 or email me at mark.ellis23@btopenworld.com

I can only reply through soul source but haven't logged on for a long time, I don't intend to for the foreseeable future so if you do reply please do it by phone or email,

Best,

Peace & love too

Mark.

Social source share

Guest Fabsoul69

Mark, that´s a really "Pynchon-esk" post...i like it.

Hi Fabsoul 69, would like to help with your "want," but I'm afraid I can't, in fact I'm not certain the record even exists.

My name is Mark Ellis so I think that if I'd ever seen a record on the Ellis label it would have stuck in my mind & I'd probably have bought it just out of curiosity/posterity. That said, for the past 18 months (roughly) my mind's been very mixed up & I've dropped some horrendous clangers so maybe I even recorded the record myself but just forgot about it.

This message is obviously of no use but if I can help in any way, or you can help me in anyway then don't hesitate to make contact, 07737775878 or email me at mark.ellis23@btopenworld.com

I can only reply through soul source but haven't logged on for a long time, I don't intend to for the foreseeable future so if you do reply please do it by phone or email,

Best,

Peace & love too

Mark.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

There are probably loads of fairly battered copies knocking about in the collections of middle-aged-to-elderly Jamaican sound system DJs - we sold plenty of copies of it as a new release (mostly for 'Love Can Make Your Mind Go Wild") in Record Corner.

Me, I've got a nice Mint Minus copy somewhere in the attic... :lol:

Social source share

Guest Fabsoul69

well, i would tak eBOTH sides from you... :ohmy:

i have an excellent plus copy here in front of me so it certainly does exist...both sides written and produced by prince ellis on ellis 363...i actually prefer the crossover flip love will make your mind go wild...but im not gonna get a debate going again over musical preferences :D ......

cookie :lol:

Social source share

There are probably loads of fairly battered copies knocking about in the collections of middle-aged-to-elderly Jamaican sound system DJs - we sold plenty of copies of it as a new release (mostly for 'Love Can Make Your Mind Go Wild") in Record Corner.

Me, I've got a nice Mint Minus copy somewhere in the attic... :wicked:

Jimmie Mayes had an acetate of this and I think had something to do with this 45 from the period where he was in new york. He might have even had a master tape. I think it was this 45, it was definitely a prince ellis 45.

Social source share

I think it was this 45, it was definitely a prince ellis 45.

I have (or have had) BOTH Prince Ellis 45's on Ellis.

"Love Can Make Your Mind Go Wild" being my favourite, a nice and lazy Caribbean kinda thing,the other 45 "I'm Gonna Love You" a pretty nifty Crossoverish dancer!

Need to check the collection, but I think LCMYMGW went some years ago.

Sean

Social source share

"Love Can Make Your Mind Go Wild" being my favourite, a nice and lazy Caribbean kinda thing,the other 45 "I'm Gonna Love You" a pretty nifty Crossoverish dancer!

Sean

im gonna love you has 2 good sides

mark

Social source share

Sean

Yes, I sold my copy too, about 3 Years ago.

I think that I originally got it in a Soul Bowl (Soul Pack)

Social source share

Source Advert