Advice Sought

wolfie66

Hello all, after a bit of advice as I'm not known for my tactfulness. I bought & paid for a 45 from a member of this forum on Sept: 12th, hasn't turned up as yet though apparently posted. OK, so good so bad, sh*t happens, but member hasn't replied to my PM's since 22nd. As I'm a relative newcomer on here and mature enough to finally admit burning bridges for good isn't always the cleverest thing to do could some of you longer term members give me some advice as to how to proceed - after all, this must have happened before at some point, might even be a good reason for the no-show.

Cheers in advance

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

If this was me and i didn't know the person off the forum i would try to contact them through someone who did. Look at their friends list and fire off some PMs to their mates. In the long run though if i got no joy i would just name and shame, i wouldn't think twice.

Social source share

theres some really good record dealers,part time dealers and general vinyl lovers (me included) that give execeptional service to fellow soul sourcers,on here and this type of thing puts everyone under suspicion , only way to combat it (imo) is to name and shame.

Social source share

I sent a dealer off here a record in trade by recorded delivery and after two weeks it hadn't arrived so I met up with him and paid him the cash. Another two or three weeks later and I get a PM from him saying tthe post office had contacted him and the label had fallen off so could he go and pick the record up. These things happen I'm afraid. I also waited about a month for a record off someone on here and he wasn't answering his pm's but it turned out he'd been ill, so ya never know. I'd give him time before naming and shaming someone

Regards

Ian

Social source share

Yep, this is what I mean and why I asked in the first place - I know sometimes sh*t just happens, so how long is long enough? He seems genuine enough - though this is the first time I've ever had problems with the PO - and it is only 3 weeks BUT not answering my PM's is giving me the right hump - but then he could be on holiday :D I'd like to give him a bit longer if only because of that.......but I don't want to be taken for an herbert...........

Social source share

Yep, this is what I mean and why I asked in the first place - I know sometimes sh*t just happens, so how long is long enough? He seems genuine enough - though this is the first time I've ever had problems with the PO - and it is only 3 weeks BUT not answering my PM's is giving me the right hump - but then he could be on holiday :D I'd like to give him a bit longer if only because of that.......but I don't want to be taken for an herbert...........

Phew. Glad it's not me. I concurr with the above.....

By the way, I think I've located that record we were talking about. My mate has a spare copy he thinks! So I'll pm you as soon as I hear back from him, OK?

Ian D :yes:

Social source share

Guest rachel

Are you using the tracking system to see if your PM has been read ('track this message' box at the bottom of the screen when you compose the message)? You can also check the member's profile to see when they were last online (although that may be set to private).

Social source share

You can always go to his profile and look at when he was last online - chances are if he's been online recently he'll know he's got a PM

Was gonna say the same thing.. Check on profile if he/she has posted on forum in the last week or so, if they have and aint been back to you then something needs to be done... :D

Social source share

You can also check the member's profile to see when they were last online (although that may be set to private).

That's what I was thinking. If they are Private check 'find members posts'. If they've been posting, then that's a bit rum. Though 99.9% of folk on here are solid.

Social source share

I started buying practically as soon as I joined with no problems whatsoever...i'm sure there must be a good explanation...can't see anyone ripping people off on here...they can be cranky b****rds but I think there is a definate code amongst sellers and I think it would take a brave man to break that.

Social source share

I started buying practically as soon as I joined with no problems whatsoever...i'm sure there must be a good explanation...can't see anyone ripping people off on here...they can be cranky b****rds but I think there is a definate code amongst sellers and I think it would take a brave man to break that.

:D .

Social source share

:yes: .

Hahaha!!

I knew you'd pop up...perfect timing...Kev being the prime example...the guy is practically chasing me down to take it hahahaha

:D:D

Social source share

Are you using the tracking system to see if your PM has been read ('track this message' box at the bottom of the screen when you compose the message)? You can also check the member's profile to see when they were last online (although that may be set to private).

Hi Rachel, tried going on his homepage but it is set on 'private' - so he's nothing to hide then! :D But I'll try the tracking techno-thingy, thx

Social source share

Phew. Glad it's not me. I concurr with the above.....

By the way, I think I've located that record we were talking about. My mate has a spare copy he thinks! So I'll pm you as soon as I hear back from him, OK?

Ian D :yes:

Cheers Ian, top man - you will post it though? :D

Social source share

Yep, that's why I sought advice - "cranky buzzards" eh? I'm sure I don't know what you mean :g:

Social source share