Paul Sindab

Guest Rich Walker

Guest Rich Walker

Hello,

I wonder if anyone could give me a current value for...

PAUL SINDAB - CAN'T WAIT NO LONGER b/w YOU'RE SOMETHING ELSE - ON KASIKA

Manship lists it for £100. Is that about right?

What are people's thoughts on this track?

Thanks for your help.

Rich.

P.S. If anyone has a sound file of the above song and would be kind enough to post it up, it would be greatly appreciated! whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hello,

What are people’s thoughts on this track?

Thanks for your help.

Rich.

P.S. If anyone has a sound file of the above song and would be kind enough to post it up, it would be greatly appreciated!  whistling.gif

link

It's a pretty decent mid-tempo effort IMO. This was a £6 - £10 record not too many years ago (late 90's) and then some dimwit paid a lot for it (or something) and it became a £200 record overnight almost, but now it seems to have dropped back down again. £100 seems too much to me, it can be found for less.

Social source share

Guest Rich Walker

It's a pretty decent mid-tempo effort IMO. This was a £6 - £10 record not too many years ago (late 90's) and then some dimwit paid a lot for it (or something) and it became a £200 record overnight almost, but now it seems to have dropped back down again. £100 seems too much to me, it can be found for less.

link

Thanks for that Christian,

I don't suppose...

PAUL SINDAB - DO WHAT'CHA WANNA DO b/w GIVE ME YOUR HEART on HYPE 1008

... Is so easy to find?

If anyone has one to sell, get in touch.

Cheers,

Rich.

Social source share

I don't suppose...

... Is so easy to find?

Cheers,

Rich.

link

It is harder, but far from impossible, there has been a number of original copies on ebay and elsewhere over the last year or so. It is the mispressed copy that plays "You Dropped Your Candy In The Sand" on the flip (instead of "Give me Your Heart") that is most sought after, the normal one is easier to get. Even saw it at £50 not so long ago, but needless to say that was gone in a matter of seconds! £100+ is realistic for the more common release and a few hundred (and up) for the "Candy In The Sand" one. I actually prefer "Do What'cha Wanna Do" over "Candy In The Sand" myself.

Social source share

Hello,

link

on ebay regulary seen at around 100 to 150 USD. 75 UKP should secure you a copy.

Agree with Christian H on the recent rise in value though...it used to be a steady 20 UKP 45 for years and years.

Social source share

I had abit of luck with Do what you wanna do- Think I paid 60 for it and the bonus was " you dropped your candy in the sand was on the b side

Financial problems last year made me sell it but I did get avery good price for it. One went on ebay at the same time for $900

Would really like the French ep that has both the hype discs on it

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

I had abit of luck with Do what you wanna do- Think I paid 60 for it and the bonus was " you dropped your candy in the sand was on the b side

Financial problems last year made me sell it but I did get avery good price for it. One went on ebay at the same time for $900

Would really like the French ep that has both the hype discs on it

link

The EP has a very nice picture sleeve with Paul on it, but the sound is bound to be of lesser quality than on the Hype 45's, the grooves on EP's are always more compressed.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

The EP has a very nice picture sleeve with Paul on it, but the sound is bound to be of lesser quality than on the Hype 45's, the grooves on EP's are always more compressed.

link

I've been told that this EP actually has very good volume and doesn't suffer from the usual compression. I think it was Dave Flynn who told me that. Must be one of the few, not sure why it should be different to others. Maybe take that with a pinch of salt.

I also prefer Do Whatcha Wanna but Candy is quite pleasant!

Social source share

I don't suppose...

... Is so easy to find?

Cheers,

Rich.

link

Be careful young man with these bits of black plastic!!!! Do you want me to run you off a couple of Cds I've just cut for people?

Rich

Social source share

Brilliant late 60s/crossover mover, don't know where you got mid-tempo from though Chris, sounds up-tempo to me. Bit of a double sider too, admittedly the flip isn't as good, but it's still a nice track (sounds a little earlier than "Can't wait")

I bought 2 copies about 2 yrs ago for £80 each. Managed to sell 1 for £150 and the other, whitch in theory cost me a tenna, is nestled nicely in me box, and that's where it's staying biggrin.gif

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Have seen them go for as little as $50 on ebay, but these are usually improperly listed. On the other hand seen them sell for over $200, but these tend to be blagged up a bit - £250 in the Manship guide, ultra-rare crossover dancer and all that jazz. The unpredictable world of ebay! biggrin.gif

Edited by billytheboot
Social source share

Brilliant late 60s/crossover mover, don't know where you got mid-tempo from though Chris, sounds up-tempo to me.

It's not exactly a frantic stormer though is it? Mid-tempo in feel compared to "Candy In The Sand" and "Do Wat'cha "Wanna Do" anyway...

Social source share

Guest Rich Walker

Be careful young man with these bits of black plastic!!!! Do you want me to run you off a couple of Cds I've just cut for people?

Rich

link

Hello Rich,

How's it going mate?

Looking forward to Soulsville next month! I finish Uni' for summer in two weeks, what a way to kick-start the holidays! :thumbsup:

LoL! I'll be careful bud, don't worry! My student loan has just come through, so thought I might see if I could get one on the cheap. (They are both fantastic tracks!!!)

Yeah, a couple of your CD's would be great! Cheers! I really enjoyed the tape you gave me at Qui' Vadis last year. It had some really nice stuff on it! Shame there was no track listing... :thumbsup: I especially liked the version of Burt Bacharach's Little Red Book! :thumbsup:

Rich.

Social source share

Guest hammy

Ok, suppose so. I don't really like the two Hype sides myself, think they're very average in comparison to "Can't wait". Wouldn't say no to one at £20 tho' :thumbsup:

link

I agree. CWNL is a great side but there's MILLIONS of copies that seem to come up on eBay almost every other day.

Hammy

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

It is harder, but far from impossible, there has been a number of original copies on ebay and elsewhere over the last year or so. It is the mispressed copy that plays "You Dropped Your Candy In The Sand" on the flip (instead of "Give me Your Heart") that is most sought after, the normal one is easier to get. Even saw it at £50 not so long ago, but needless to say that was gone in a matter of seconds! £100+ is realistic for the more common release and a few hundred (and up) for the "Candy In The Sand" one. I actually prefer "Do What'cha Wanna Do" over "Candy In The Sand" myself.

link

I have had this since the 70's and only found out a couple of years ago it has "Candy in the sand" on the flip. Is there any way to tell by looking at it that it is a mis-press ?

Attached scan is my copy of "Candy in the sand"

post-1832-1113494723_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest Adam G

I've been told that this EP actually has very good volume and doesn't suffer from the usual compression. I think it was Dave Flynn who told me that. Must be one of the few, not sure why it should be different to others. Maybe take that with a pinch of salt.

I also prefer Do Whatcha Wanna but Candy is quite pleasant!

link

Social source share

"DO WATCHA WANNA DO" on HYPE 1008 is (IMO) one of the finest dance records EVER!! I`ve owned one for years...I think the current value is..for the mispress.."GIVE ME YOUR HEART but plays YOU DROPPED YOUR CANDY IN THE SAND..£200-£250..but the "normal" one is £100+. I own a normal one.....It`s rarer on CHEST though....But not quite as expensive as the HYPE mispress though....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!