• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Matt Male

......1980's Birmingham - any old 'riggerites out there remember this session in 83!!! :ohmy:

I went there once. I think it was a soul night. I can't remember who ran it or any other details. Was there only one? Lots of mods there i vaguely remember.

Maybe it was this alldayer... :thumbsup: I would have been there with Mick Cope and possibly Richard Jakeman. Maybe he can jog my crap memory?

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest Leigh J

it was Tony Reynolds who ran it, still lives up the road, from me they were mostly all dayers on a sunday i started going in about 1985

Wednesday and Sunday nights Too

Social source share

Ah! yes i used to Dj at the dayers along with Pep for Tony Reynolds

This was where i first met "Our Ted", he looked like a larger brother of Timmy Mallet at the time, red specks hawaiian shirt 'n' all, with all those UK White Demos and the start of what has become the awsome U.S. collection he has accumulated.

Who said the only thing good to come out of Brummigem was the Hagley Road.

Good times i remember, i remember playin Bill Harris there as a revitalised gem , along with the likes of Celeste Hardie, Ty Karim(that especially interested Ted, next time i saw him he had one, also on Romark) Dean Courtney etc....etc...

Regulars were Tim, Niall, John Weston and Tina, plus the Redditch n Kiddi crowd amongst others

Good times, great mates

Harpo

Social source share

• 1 month later...

it was Tony Reynolds who ran it, still lives up the road from me, they were mostly all dayers on a sunday i started going in about 1985 it was mostly mods i think seem to remember Toad used to go i think

======

i went after the stafford niters on the sundays

have to say didnt like them at the time.

Social source share

Tony got me and most of my friends into Northern, we were all younger Mods at school, I mean all my mates brothers and their mates went to the Rigger on sunday nights, and we watched them drive off as it were, come 85 we were all going on a Sat day session which Tony did and Sunday nights...

Spent my youth being chased from the Rigger around town by Rude Boys and Zulu's and any visiting army of football fans, I still hate football to this day!! cant stand Rude Boys and two tone!! Laughs

Remember John Weston, as he knocked about with Paddy and adrian Peddley from the E types, I dont know the guy...we all started to go to the Old Vic etc from there as well as the Conessours nights and Sinattras in Brum also.. also made my first trip to the 100 club with tony, paddy, rich and me... think that would have been 87..

Only thing was not to go to one of the other clubs Tony liked to frequent after the rigger.... Laughs

Great memories

Mal.C.

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Wow, what a blast from the past and great memories.

I always remember thinking the girls were so much better dancers than the fellas over there.

And the being chased at the end was part and parcel of the whole evening... laugh.gif

Tony ran a few venues around the brum area. Him and his brother were good enough to put us up in their flat when we were over there.

He'd got a good collection of records too... :)

It was one of his do's that I picked a copy of Lew Kirton up for £4, he then put it straight on the decks for me to dance to.

Cleared the floor... blush.gif ...but me and Tony loved it.

Social source share

Wow, what a blast from the past and great memories.

I always remember thinking the girls were so much better dancers than the fellas over there.

And the being chased at the end was part and parcel of the whole evening... laugh.gif

Tony ran a few venues around the brum area. Him and his brother were good enough to put us up in their flat when we were over there.

He'd got a good collection of records too... :)

It was one of his do's that I picked a copy of Lew Kirton up for £4, he then put it straight on the decks for me to dance to.

Cleared the floor... blush.gif ...but me and Tony loved it.

There was one girl, cant remember her name who always danced with her pint in her hand, it was sheer poetry in motion, the pint never moved but she did!!

Mal

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!