Voices Of East Harlem Boot?

Guest j-g

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

and its on plastic as opposed to styrene original.is it a boot or a genuine re issue from when it first went massive.coz if its a fake bell sound stamp they could have done it with hundreds of others but they havent :thumbsup:

dave

I have a copy of the vinyl issue. It was the Bell stamp that made me unsure as to whether this was a boot.

How can people tell that the stamp is fake? Is the OG Bell stamped aswell?

Edited by j-g
Social source share

Guest mel brat

The vinyl copy shown above is most definitely a dirty rotten bootleg. Produced by the same fella who initially booted the Carstairs on Red Coach, (Bob Catteneo?), C.1975 I think, and distinguished by the very poor quality printing on the labels of both.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest mel brat

Doesnt the original have two different looking lables?

I think you're right, but the differences are small compared to the bootleg copies.

Social source share

The vinyl copy shown above is most definitely a dirty rotten bootleg. Produced by the same fella who initially booted the Carstairs on Red Coach, (Bob Catteneo?), C.1975 I think, and distinguished by the very poor quality printing on the labels of both.
I think you're right, but the differences are small compared to the bootleg copies.

Many Thanks for the Information.

I've always sort of assumed that it was a BOOT.

Strange having a "Bell Sound" Stamp, I'm now wondering how this was achieved.

Did they copy the Stamp I wonder,

or use the facilities available with access to a Genuine Stamp, but still Obviously a BOOT.

Social source share

IT'S A PROPER RE-PRESS DONE BY THE COMPANY OBVIOUSLY FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTERPLATES

I just did a close comparison between the "Bell Sound" stamp on my original styrene issue copy and the photos of the bootleg/second issue that has been posted above. The stamps are VERY similar but they are different and both records can not have been pressed from the same stampers. For example: look at how the "line" in the letter "B" leans differently in each of the scans below.

voeh.jpg

Social source share

I just did a close comparison between the "Bell Sound" stamp on my original styrene issue copy and the photos of the bootleg/second issue that has been posted above. The stamps are VERY similar but they are different and both records can not have been pressed from the same stampers. For example: look at how the "line" in the letter "B" leans differently in each of the scans below.

voeh.jpg

These are Excellent, Thanks Sebastian.

Does show the Difference Clearly, The STAMP must have been quite a lot of trouble to make, no doubt.

In the Case of "The Voices Of East Harlem" ALL THAT AND THEN A POOR LABEL for the BOOT.

I wonder if any other records have this fake Stamp :thumbsup:

Social source share

These are Excellent, Thanks Sebastian.

Does show the Difference Clearly, The STAMP must have been quite a lot of trouble to make, no doubt.

In the Case of "The Voices Of East Harlem" ALL THAT AND THEN A POOR LABEL for the BOOT.

I wonder if any other records have this fake Stamp :thumbsup:

Two threads one tune........... Which is the bootleg thread?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert