Bobby Herb Not Hebb

well here goes,bought at bootsale for 50p english label blue and silver sunny, b side bread. sung by bobby hebb but on the label it says bobby herb , i have asked kenny and mick but Kenny think its my spelling mistake(coz im crap at spelling) and andrew will think im crazy when he finds out i have asked everyone on ss i know it not a great record .so can any one out there shed light on it for me please.

thankyou

gina whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Gina - you'rej oking aren't you?  Sunny is a great song and a superb recording by Bobby Hebb. It's just that we've all heard it a gazillion times and it's difficult to listen with fresh ears.

link

well yea i know but like you say after hearing it so many times , much prefer marvin gayes version though whistling.gif

Social source share

Gina - you'rej oking aren't you?  Sunny is a great song and a superb recording by Bobby Hebb. It's just that we've all heard it a gazillion times and it's difficult to listen with fresh ears.

link

C'mon Col 2, you must know Bobby Herb, he normally duets with Aloe Vera. I've got some copies out in the shed - mint condition if you're interested. Think about it, sage investment.

Col whistling.gif

Social source share

C'mon Col 2, you must know Bobby Herb, he normally duets with Aloe Vera. I've got some copies out in the shed - mint condition if you're interested. Think about it, sage investment.

Col wink.gif

link

Sorry Col 1 - no thyme for this...

Social source share

well here goes,bought at bootsale for 50p english label blue and silver sunny, b side bread. sung by bobby hebb but on the label it says bobby herb , i have asked kenny and mick but Kenny  think its my spelling mistake(coz im crap at spelling)  and andrew will think im crazy when he finds out i have asked everyone on ss i know it not a great record .so can any one out there shed light on it for me please.

thankyou

gina ph34r.gif

link

Nobody takin`you serious Gina,only sorry i could not tell you more unusual though! :sleep3:

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

Nobody takin`you serious Gina,only sorry i could not tell you more unusual though! wink.gif

link

I do,bless her. :dance:

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

well here goes,bought at bootsale for 50p english label blue and silver sunny, b side bread. sung by bobby hebb but on the label it says bobby herb , i have asked kenny and mick but Kenny  think its my spelling mistake(coz im crap at spelling)  and andrew will think im crazy when he finds out i have asked everyone on ss i know it not a great record .so can any one out there shed light on it for me please.

thankyou

gina whistling.gif

link

Alittle off topic (sorry Mike) but I once saw a boxer fight called Elvis Parsley once

how could you keep a straight face whilst boxing him

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

One on e-bay....... >>LOOK HERE<<  no picture though....

link

thank you ,

do you know why it says bobby herb and not hebb.

gina

Edited by kid mohair
Social source share

thankyou

gina :lol:

link

id be inclined to agree with kenny and mick better version is love me same backing track same artist diffrent lyrics sorry i couldnt be of any more help

Social source share

• 1 year later...

ah i see, i've got my copy in cape town (for 5 ZAR) but I thought it would be more rare.

Rare? Nah..

Hebb wrote this in tribute to John F. Kennedy, but also in tribute to his brother, who was killed by a mugger in 1963.

This was recorded to fill out an album at the end of a session.

Cher recorded this in the '60s as a tribute to her partner, Sonny Bono.

"Sunny" is the name of a song written by Bobby Hebb. It is one of the most covered popular songs, with hundreds of versions released. BMI rates "Sunny" number 25 in its "Top 100 songs of the century".

Hebb wrote the song after suffering a double tragedy - a national loss followed by a personal one: On 23 November 1963, the day after US President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, Hebb's older brother Harold was killed in a knife fight outside a Nashville nightclub. Hebb was devastated by both events and sought comfort in songwriting. The song he wrote was the optimistic "Sunny":

"All my intentions were just to think of happier times basically looking for a brighter day because times were at a low tide. After I wrote it, I thought "Sunny" just might be a different approach to what Johnny Bragg was talking about in 'Just Walkin' in the Rain'".

"Sunny" was recorded in New York City and released as a single in 1966. It met an immediate success, which resulted in a tour with The Beatles for Hebb.

Many other artists have recorded their own versions of the song, including Georgie Fame and Cher (both of whom charted their versions in the UK in 1966), Frank Sinatra with Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, the Electric Flag, The Four Seasons, the Four Tops, Wilson Pickett, Les McCann, Dusty Springfield, James Brown, Classics IV, Jose Feliciano, Johnny Mathis, Del Shannon, Buddy Richard, Leonard Nimoy ( :thumbsup: ), Marvin Gaye, Stanley Jordan and Twinset featuring Barnaby Weir. Another successful remake was released by Boney M in 1977. This version was sampled by the Boogie Pimps and used to create their 2004 hit "Sunny."

Hebb himself released a disco version of the song in 1976, and had minor success on Billboard's R&B chart with it.

Edited by Simsy
Social source share

Guest kid mohair

DSC00348.jpg

Thats the kiddie,blimey forgot about this thread anyway the reason was that a miss spelt record was sold at some auction for thousands just because of the spelling mistake, they stopped production and corrected it but a few got out and years later rocketed in value ....... just a thought. andy.

Social source share

Rare? Nah..

Hebb wrote this in tribute to John F. Kennedy, but also in tribute to his brother, who was killed by a mugger in 1963.

This was recorded to fill out an album at the end of a session.

Cher recorded this in the '60s as a tribute to her partner, Sonny Bono.

"Sunny" is the name of a song written by Bobby Hebb. It is one of the most covered popular songs, with hundreds of versions released. BMI rates "Sunny" number 25 in its "Top 100 songs of the century".

Hebb wrote the song after suffering a double tragedy - a national loss followed by a personal one: On 23 November 1963, the day after US President John F. Kennedy was assassinated, Hebb's older brother Harold was killed in a knife fight outside a Nashville nightclub. Hebb was devastated by both events and sought comfort in songwriting. The song he wrote was the optimistic "Sunny":

"All my intentions were just to think of happier times basically looking for a brighter day because times were at a low tide. After I wrote it, I thought "Sunny" just might be a different approach to what Johnny Bragg was talking about in 'Just Walkin' in the Rain'".

Thanks Ian, I didn't know that and it's fascinating. I'll listen to the song in a different light now.

The Bobby Herb thing is probably a spelling error by typesetter at printers, as such, I suppose it could be rare but it would take a "special" type of collector to pay out for it..........

John.

Social source share

Thanks Ian, I didn't know that and it's fascinating. I'll listen to the song in a different light now.

The Bobby Herb thing is probably a spelling error by typesetter at printers, as such, I suppose it could be rare but it would take a "special" type of collector to pay out for it..........

John.

Great record. Got mine at a boot sale, or charity shop, can't recall. But pence! And stone mint. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

but hanving mispelt songs and stuff can mean less in producution like running 20 before realizing there's a problem, surely those 20 would be worth more.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert