Terrible Frankie Nieves

I have a lovely conditioned copy of this 45 on Speed that I am thinking of selling, but I seem to have frightened a few people with the price. I have been told a couple of things, that it's worth about £250, and that a copy went on ebay for $500-$600. Any further info would be appreciated and any offers welcome. Cheers.

Jordi

Edited by jordirip
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brett F

Jordi Des Parker soldhis copya few years back for £100, not that well known, so a reaalistic price is what your willing to let it go for and what someone is willing to pay, still fairly hard 45'.

Social source share

This is one of those occassions where the 12" sells for more than the 45, I've sold 2 at £175 and have seen it sell on the bay at around that. The 12" came out on Disco International, same as 'Spanish maiden'

Thanks guys, I think I'll keep it.

Jordi

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Brett F

This is one of those occassions where the 12" sells for more than the 45, I've sold 2 at £175 and have seen it sell on the bay at around that. The 12" came out on Disco International, same as 'Spanish maiden'

Interesting one that Dave, I first heard the Frankie Nieves played by Snowboy some years back, I then sought the record out, I first came across the 12" and got 2 copies for around $10 apiece, I virtually gave one to my mate, then around 2 years later I finally got the Speed 7" along with the Tempests LP from a Scandinavian record dealers list for around £60 for both.

I always thought the 7" more desirable and would have gladly played £150 for it at the time. I love the 12" but really all it is both sides of the 7" running concurrently (the English/Spanish sides). Funny world this record collecting........

Cheers Brett

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!