nubes

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dr Bob Jones

Geez, this is a real blow to the world of soul music. I had the pleasure of meeting him when I visited the USA back in the early 90's. Such a powerful voice that really hit the spot.

My condolences and prayers go out to his family and may his music live on.

R.I.P Luther Ingram, definitely the real deal.......

Respect

Dr Bob Jones

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Sad, most certainly, but not really news - Luther actually passed away several months ago, as far as I am aware. He'd suffered from diabetes for a long time and his general level of health was not good. I can't seem to find an obit anywhere but I feel sure that he's been gone for almost a year, if not longer...

This might not be the place to mention that I am currently working on four packages of Luther's Ko Ko material for release on Kent over the next couple of years - but I'm going to mention it anyway.

TONE

Social source share

I heard that Luther passed away yesterday - althought this surprised me as he'd been ill for so long ( various local soul folk had done benefit shows for him) that i thought he died about a year ago ( last saw him on TV a couple of years ago & he was in a bad way then) anyway, it is a sad loss.

Look forward to the KoKo project being prepared by 'Rockin' Tony Rounce!

(PS - if you have'nt picked up the recent Millie Jackson re-issues Tony had a large hand in...don't hesitate-pick 'em all up!! Plenty of previously un-issued mixes on them too!!).

Jez Lunchtime O' Bishop

Social source share

Sad, most certainly, but not really news - Luther actually passed away several months ago, as far as I am aware. He'd suffered from diabetes for a long time and his general level of health was not good. I can't seem to find an obit anywhere but I feel sure that he's been gone for almost a year, if not longer...

This might not be the place to mention that I am currently working on four packages of Luther's Ko Ko material for release on Kent over the next couple of years - but I'm going to mention it anyway.

TONE

Most certainly the place to mention it. Be sure to include the 'Do You Love Somebody' album in it entirety - one of my all-time favourite albums

Mike

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Just read on one of the soul forums about the passing of Luther Ingrams at the age of 69.....another one of our souls have gone.....

God bless him....Del

Tch, Shame. I picked up a Ko Ko single by him off a market stall only this Saturday strangely enough ("Ghetto Train"), and I was thinking about "My Honey And Me" the other day too.

Social source share

Guest stromberg

God Bless Luther Ingram.

One of the finest Soul Singers ever.

"Trying To Find My Love" on Koko has long been a favourite.

Also, the Majestic "Love Aint Gonna Run Me Away".

Sean Hampsey

just put on Love ain't gonna run me away..everytime I hear this I think: this is what soul music is all about..to me anyway, just awesome!

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

I remember listening to "If Loving You Is Wrong" when it was first released. Seems like it was yesterday but actually early 1972 I think.

Dave Simmonds had a soul/R&B show on Radio 1 - Saturday teatime.

He picked up on it.

I thought it was one of the most "heart wrenching" songs I had ever heard.

It was a huge chart hit in the U.S. (No.1 R&B and No.3 Pop). But from memory it was not even released in the U.K. at the time.

Can anyone confirm that? If so I wonder what that was all about??

R.I.P. Luther.

MB

Social source share

I remember listening to "If Loving You Is Wrong" when it was first released. Seems like it was yesterday but actually early 1972 I think.

Dave Simmonds had a soul/R&B show on Radio 1 - Saturday teatime.

He picked up on it.

I thought it was one of the most "heart wrenching" songs I had ever heard.

It was a huge chart hit in the U.S. (No.1 R&B and No.3 Pop). But from memory it was not even released in the U.K. at the time.

Can anyone confirm that? If so I wonder what that was all about??

R.I.P. Luther.

MB

Very Sad News Indeed.

R.I.P.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert