ACROSS THE BOARD SOUL & MOTOWN

Resident DJ'S

STEVE J, MICK JAY, SPANNER, & Rob Gray

John Manship (the rare soulman)

Guest DJ TREV DAVIDSON (KETTERING)

£2.50 Door Tax

More Info Steve 07774134189

MICK JAY 07976768324

Hey Spanner, guess you will need your shoes resoling after last Friday nights dance marathon. :lol::thumbsup:

See you on the 20th :lol:

D & L

20th NOVEMBER 2010

Holwell Sports Club "STUTE"

Welby Lane Asfordby Hill

Melton Mowbray LE14 3RD

7.30- 1.30 (6 HOURS OF SOUL)

and every 3rd sat of the month

ACROSS THE BOARD SOUL & MOTOWN

Resident DJ'S

STEVE J, MICK JAY, SPANNER, & Rob Gray

John Manship (the rare soulman)

Guest DJ TREV DAVIDSON (KETTERING)

£2.50 Door Tax

More Info Steve 07774134189

MICK JAY 07976768324

thumbsup.gif

i'll change my poison next time, been on that baileys all week since morrisons knocked it down to 9.50 for a big bottle, had some for breakfast this morning, its like the ben e king of the alcohol world, it slips down like a xxxxxxxxxx in a xxxxxxx

i'll change my poison next time, been on that baileys all week since morrisons knocked it down to 9.50 for a big bottle, had some for breakfast this morning, its like the ben e king of the alcohol world, it slips down like a xxxxxxxxxx in a xxxxxxx

hope you put on clean pants for the next stute after all that bailieys

Guest SteveJohnston

lets get back to soul, got some great new tunes. be spinning them in my next set

see you then

mick

the atrium 13 nov high street grantham keeping soul alive

& me mick been spending way to much on good tooooonage :lol:

roll on next saturday, right then, its request time, i'll bring the cashmeres for paul (thats if he can remember me being behind the decks, i'll get Lynn to give him a shout when i spin it) lol

KTF.......................Rob :thumbsup:

and the uniques Rob, don't forget the money shot!

roll on next saturday, right then, its request time, i'll bring the cashmeres for paul (thats if he can remember me being behind the decks, i'll get Lynn to give him a shout when i spin it) lol

KTF.......................Rob :wave:

ill have ELBIE PARKER,PLEASE KEEP AWAY FROM ME, and anything by the FALCONS Rob thumbsup.gifhatsoff2.gifwe are always spoilt anyway by your great sounds yes.gif KTF

Andy + Bez

Just about recovered from a banging weekend. Cant wait for saturday not got to drive at the weekend so can have a beer or 3

Also celebrating mine and Teresa 34th wedding anniversary on saturday so party nite is order of the nite .Think ill do my set a bit earlier as i might not be able to see the decks later (hopefully)

Hope to see you all saturday

ktf MICK JAY

Edited by mickjay33

Just about recovered from a banging weekend. Cant wait for saturday not got to drive at the weekend so can have a beer or 3

Also celebrating mine and Teresa 34th wedding anniversary on saturday so party nite is order of the nite .Think ill do my set a bit earlier as i might not be able to see the decks later (hopefully)

Hope to see you all saturday

ktf MICK JAY

Sort out sat dinner when we set up m8 :thumbsup:

Guest SteveJohnston

Hi guys we are ok to set up Saturday dinner thumbsup.gif so see you about 12.30 ish, i've just been to look at a function room in Melton with a very nice & big dance floor loads of room and we can have it on Saturday nights it the Stute goes tits up! it also has a second room if we ever need it :wink: i'll tell you more on Saturday.

Steve J

Hi guys we are ok to set up Saturday dinner thumbsup.gif so see you about 12.30 ish, i've just been to look at a function room in Melton with a very nice & big dance floor loads of room and we can have it on Saturday nights it the Stute goes tits up! it also has a second room if we ever need it wink.gif i'll tell you more on Saturday.

Steve J

:lol: NICE ONE!

got saturday off, can i pop up and listen to some tunes?

i bought a record today, normally i can't afford the price tag, but today i think i got lucky

i think it helps that my taste isn't everyone cup of tea, but £2.51 has made my day.

Sir Douglas Quintet - Blue Norther

i heard it on dereksdaily45 blogspot, loved the beginning, loved the rnb sound, loved hearing the words blue-eyed in it, looked on johns sight and he had a uk release so i'm hoping mine is the rarer one from the usa.

anyway i'm just hoping one of you will play it for me, heres the details from the website, and thats my record! all £2.51 of it

sc0016a25b.jpg

SIR DOUGLAS QUINTET - BLUE NORTHER

sc0016a25b.jpg

It's been WAY too long since I've featured a track from my beloved Sir Doug. I had no idea what he was on about in this song until I googled "Blue Norther" and found this entry in a website that described Texas terms: "BLUE NORTHER. The term blue norther denotes a weather phenomenon common to large areas of the world's temperate zones; a rapidly moving autumnal cold front that causes temperatures to drop quickly and that often brings with it precipitation followed by a period of blue skies and cold weather. What is peculiar to Texas is the term itself. The derivation of blue norther is unclear; at least three folk attributions exist. The term refers, some say, to a norther that sweeps "out of the Panhandle under a blue-black sky" that is, to a cold front named for the appearance of its leading edge. Another account states that the term refers to the appearance of the sky after the front has blown through, as the mid-nineteenth-century variant "blew-tailed norther" illustrates. Yet another derives the term from the fact that one supposedly turns blue from the cold brought by the front. Variants include blue whistler, used by J. Frank Dobie,qv and, in Oklahoma, blue darter and blue blizzard. Though the latter two phrases are found out-of-state, blue norther itself is a pure Texasism. The dramatic effects of the blue norther have been noted and exaggerated since Spanish times in Texas. But that the blue norther is unique to Texas is folklore."

And Mr Doug Sahm was a true Texan indeed. We miss you, amigo with your ability to combine rock n roll, r n b, soul, blues, tex mex all into one big outta site psychedelic stew.

from 1966...

Edited by anorthernsoul

i bought a record today, normally i can't afford the price tag, but today i think i got lucky

i think it helps that my taste isn't everyone cup of tea, but £2.51 has made my day.

Sir Douglas Quintet - Blue Norther

i heard it on dereksdaily45 blogspot, loved the beginning, loved the rnb sound, loved hearing the words blue-eyed in it, looked on johns sight and he had a uk release so i'm hoping mine is the rarer one from the usa.

anyway i'm just hoping one of you will play it for me, heres the details from the website, and thats my record! all £2.51 of it

sc0016a25b.jpg

SIR DOUGLAS QUINTET - BLUE NORTHER

sc0016a25b.jpg

It's been WAY too long since I've featured a track from my beloved Sir Doug. I had no idea what he was on about in this song until I googled "Blue Norther" and found this entry in a website that described Texas terms: "BLUE NORTHER. The term blue norther denotes a weather phenomenon common to large areas of the world's temperate zones; a rapidly moving autumnal cold front that causes temperatures to drop quickly and that often brings with it precipitation followed by a period of blue skies and cold weather. What is peculiar to Texas is the term itself. The derivation of blue norther is unclear; at least three folk attributions exist. The term refers, some say, to a norther that sweeps "out of the Panhandle under a blue-black sky" that is, to a cold front named for the appearance of its leading edge. Another account states that the term refers to the appearance of the sky after the front has blown through, as the mid-nineteenth-century variant "blew-tailed norther" illustrates. Yet another derives the term from the fact that one supposedly turns blue from the cold brought by the front. Variants include blue whistler, used by J. Frank Dobie,qv and, in Oklahoma, blue darter and blue blizzard. Though the latter two phrases are found out-of-state, blue norther itself is a pure Texasism. The dramatic effects of the blue norther have been noted and exaggerated since Spanish times in Texas. But that the blue norther is unique to Texas is folklore."

And Mr Doug Sahm was a true Texan indeed. We miss you, amigo with your ability to combine rock n roll, r n b, soul, blues, tex mex all into one big outta site psychedelic stew.

from 1966...

hi paul pop over saturday dinner i will give it a spin if its any good ill pop it in my set later

mick

hi paul pop over saturday dinner i will give it a spin if its any good ill pop it in my set later

mick

Heard them sing (shes about a mover) reached number 15 in the charts in 1965, blue norther was a B side on the tracker in 65 again it was released on the LONDON label good sounds thumbsup.gif sorry being an anorak laugh.gif but i just loved this period in musicyes.gif

Edited by old but nimble

Source Advert