A Bakers Dozen Of Top Notch Lps

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hi!

I've got a few albums up for grabs:

TINY TOPSY - AW! SHUCKS BABY (Sing) - 1988 compilation of all of TT's Federal/King 45s. Fantastic cover, fantastic music! Her only LP, there was no actual King album equivalent.

-ON HOLD - ON HOLD - ON HOLD!

BARBARA LEWIS - THE MANY GROOVES OF BARBARA LEWIS (UK Stax)- Superlative 1970 album featuring "The Stars", "You Made Me A Woman", "Just The Way You Are Today" and 9 others.

Cover EX- (few creases and ringwear)/Record M- £35.00

BUDDY MILES - ALL THE FACES (US Columbia DEMO) - Johnny Bristol produced killer album from 1974. "I'm Just A Kiss Away", "Get Yourself Together" and the painfully underplayed "Got To Find Ms. Right" + 7 others.

Cover EX- (some ringwear and corner cut for promo purposes)/ Record EX+++ £35.00

THE IMPRESSIONS - PEOPLE GET READY (US ABC Paramount) - One of the group's best on ABC. "I Can't Work No Longer", "You Must Believe Me", "Sometimes I Wonder" and the original of Marlina Mars/The Wailers' "Just Another Dance" + 8 others.

Cover EX- (Some ringwear, couple of small tears on back/Record VG++ (plays EX++) £25.00

VARIOUS - THE MOTORTOWN REVUE LIVE IN PARIS (SOUTH AFRICAN Tamla Motown!) - from the groundbreaking 1965 tour. One of the rarest mid 60s Motown albums - Earl Van Dyke, Martha/Vandellas, Supremes, Stevie, Miracles all caught live in their youtthful prime! Same cover design as UK issue on TML 11027

Cover EX- (some ringwear, nothing serious)/Record EX+, plays at least EX++ £30.00

THE MARVELETTES - SOPHISTICATED SOUL (AUSTRALIAN Tamla Motown) - Fantastic 1968 set - "Only Your Love Can Save Me", "Reaching For SomethINg I Can't Have", "Destination Anywhere", "The Stranger" + 8 More. Their best album by some distance!

Cover: EX- (generally better than that, but top of sleeve has been repaired, many years ago, withe Sellotape)/Record NM £40.00

MANDRILL - TWO WORLDS (US Arista) 1978 set featuring "Too Late" and, to be fair, not much else. Here's a cheapish opportunity to get the track if you don't want to shell out for a 45!

Cover: VG++ (ringwear/creasing/cornet cut off for promo purpose)/Record NM £15.00

CARLA THOMAS - THE MEMPHIS QUEEN (UK Stax early 70s Polydor press) - great, great album with "I Play For Keeps" (version to Jackie Beavers' Revilot rarity!) and the deep soul calssic "Guide Me Well". A bit of a bargain all round!

Cover EX- (ringwear/small tear on from where sticker has been removed badly (not by me)/Record EX+++

-ON HOLD - ON HOLD - ON HOLD!

GLADYS KNIGHT AND THE PIPS - FEELIN' BLUESY (US Soul) - Without question, Glad and the lads' best Motown album by some distance. "Ain't You Glad You Chose Love", "The Boy From Crosstown", "What Good Am I Without You", "That's The Way Love Is" - ooooohhhWEEEE!

Cover EX- (Some ringwear/Cutout drill hole/water marking)/Record NM £25.00

ANN SEXTON - LOVING YOU, LOVING ME (Japanese Vivid Sound) - Great Japanese comp of Ms. Sexton's best singles. Of course it includes "You've Been Gone Too Long". Did You Really need to ask?

Cover EX- (Tiny bit of rigwear & some water damage)/Record NM £20.00

MARVIN GAYE - I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE (Taiwanese pressing)

MARVIN GAYE - M.P.G. (or 'The Great Of Marvin Gaye' (sic) as the label and sleeve have it) Taiwanese pressing)

These two albums are legitimate Taiwanese pressings, made from the US Tamla stampers, of what are to my mind two of Marvin's best albums. The sleeves (same as the US issues) are made of thin paper wrapped in sealed, thin cellophane 'The Great Of Marvin Gaye' has survived the years pretty well , but the top of "Grapevine" (a.k.a. "In The Groove) is ripped to the middle of the sleeve (but could easily be repaired).

Neither looks to be in much more than VG++ condition, both play a whole lot better though. And what fantastic tracks! ""Only A Lonely Man Would Know", "Tear It On Down", "It's A Bitter Pill To Swallow", "It Don't Take Much To Keep Me", "Seek And You Shall Find", "Every Now And Then", "Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever" - Mr. Gaye noever got any greater!

Stupidly rare copies that would enhance any Motown oddities collection - selling as a pair for £35.00

...and finally for now...

VARIOUS ARTISTS - NORTHERN SOUL GOLD - 17 ALL TIME HITS FROM THE NORTH (Bee Records) - yes, the famous/infamous Colin Bee 'compilation' from c. 1975/6. "Double Cookin'". "I Still Love You", Epitome Of Sound, Sam & Kitty, Otis Smith, Velvet Satins, "Blowin' My Mind To Pieces" and ten of similar ilk!

No cover - it didn't come in a cover originally - but record is NM! (I will supply a cardboard cover, of course...)

An 'of its time' curio that's been discussed on here at least once or twice! £20.00

Postage extra on all these items. Paypal OK of sent as a gift, cheque'll be fine, too - PM me for address details of if you need any more info on any of these!

More albums coming up over the next couple of months - stay tuned...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Tiny Topsy and Carla Thomas now both on hold, pending receipt of PayPal - everything else still up for grabs!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert