On The Soul Side @ The Loft Bar,bournemouth Uni

We'd like to offer a big thank you to all those that came to the latest On The Soul Side.Musically i'm not sure it can be beaten.A big thanks to the dj's - Andy Hutchins,Vince Ayres,Paul McKay & Danny North who kept the floor busy most of the night.Paul we hope your cold's getting better.Never seen you without a pint before.

Not sure the guys will post their playlists but stuff like - Four Perfections on Party Time,Magnetics - I Have A Girl and an absolute stonking instrumental from Vince that got played twice and had people coming to the decks to see what it was.

To everyone that came from near and far we hope you enjoyed it and hope to see you back on 20th June.

Dave & Viv.

• Replies 4
  • Views 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It was a very good night! Quality of music was fantastic. I was suffering from (and still am) from damaged knee ligaments and was in even more agony yesterday than I was on Saturday night. Andy especially played some cracking stuff! Here's my contribution:

10.30 - 11.00

Kenny Hamber - Anything you want - Arctic

Kenny Gamble - The joke's on you - Arctic DJ

Joe Matthews - She's my beauty queen - Thelma

Silhouettes - Not me baby - Goodway DJ

Topics - Hey girl (Where are you going) - Chadwick DJ

Herb Johnson - Carfare back - Arctic

Cleveland Robinson - Boy - Nosnibor DJ

Timmie Williams - Competition - Mala DJ (and Matt it's not for sale!)

Kenard - What did you gain by that? - Dore DJ

Truetones - He's got nerve - Soulville

Magnificents - There can be a better way - MAM DJ

Timeless Legend - I was born to love you - Dawn-Lite

12.30 - 1.10

Majestics - (I love her so much) It hurts me - Linda DJ

Constellations - I don't know about you - Gemini Star

Phonetics - Just a boy's dream - Trudel

De-Lites - Lover - Cuppy

Frank Beverly & Butlers - If that's what you wanted - Gamble

JoAnne Courcy - I got the power - Twirl DJ

Jackie Day - Naughty boy - Phelectron

Soul Communicaters - Those lonely nights - Fee Bee

Timi Yuro - It'll never be over for me - UK LIberty

Four Tracks - Like my love for you - Mandingo

Bobby Kline - Say something nice to me - MB

Soul Bros. Inc. - Pyramid - Golden Eye

Johnnie Taylor - Blues in the night - French Atlantic

Bill Bush - I'm waiting - Ronn

Don Thomas - Come on train - NUVJ DJ

Terry Callier - Ordinary Joe - Cadet DJ

And then I hobbled off back to Karen's! For which many thanks K. Thanks to Dave for the invite and keep up the good work.

See you in June for the next one.

Edited by sitc01
Guest Dave Mortimore

We'd like to offer a big thank you to all those that came to the latest On The Soul Side.

Not sure the guys will post their playlists but stuff like - Four Perfections on Party Time,Magnetics - I Have A Girl and an absolute stonking instrumental from Vince that got played twice and had people coming to the decks to see what it was.

To everyone that came from near and far we hope you enjoyed it and hope to see you back on 20th June.

Dave & Viv.

. Yes, that instrumental did have something about it and I did find some of Vince's plays quite enlightening, which was a surprise. With his old mate Andy being one of the other D.J.s, I was expecting a 'Top of The World' feel to the evening. But there was plenty of variety in the music which kept people dancing right to the end.

. However, probably the best sound that could have been associated with Stafford (as Dave Bentley has mentioned it on umpteen occasions) was Paul McKay's offering of Kenard - What did you gain by that ?.

. As always it was a very sociable night. It was good to see Ian again, with other local folk and of course, the new faces (The Travellers) such as Shaun from Reading. Unfortunately Gary Samways couldn't make it, but I did meet his brother, another one of the Swanage contingent that probably go back to the days when Nik Mak ran events in that part of the world.

. Thanks for Saturday night's entertainment . . . Dave & Jan

Edited by Dave Mortimore

Hi Dave,

Glad you enjoyed the evening.Always try to bring something a little different to the night as well as playing stuff that people know.

Shaun from Reading came on someone's reccommendation and thoroughly enjoyed himself and will be back.

Good to see you both.Will catch up with you out and about.

Dave & Viv.

Source Advert