Higham Wmc, Northants. Friday 22nd May. Charity Night

Charity fund raising night for "The Swivel Club". (A group of businessmen who raise funds for local charities) at

The Working Mens Club, Westfield Terrace, Higham Ferrers, Northants, NN10 8BB. Friday 22nd May.

with DJ's Jem Brittin and Steve Brown, who will be joined by Glynn Whitbread and Phil Attley, to play you some top quality Classic Northern Soul tunes and Motown rarities.

This is a great venue with a good size wooden dance floor. They are not too keen on talc though!

We intend to please the dance floor, not ourselves. We will all bring plenty of tunes and if there is something you want to hear, if we have it, we play it. We will play you some you haven't heard for years as well as some floor filling classics.

Doors 8 - 12.15 or a bit later if we can get away with it! £5 on the door. ALL monies raised goes to local charities. We give our time and equipment for free and the club is not charging either.

Come along and have a great night!

Give Jem a good send off as it's the last time we do this together before he takes a well earned rest!

Cheers, Steve.

Edited by Steve Brown
  • Replies 8
  • Views 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest glyn-w

DJ times will go up early in the week.

Glynn and Phil, have sent you pm, re times.

Regards, Steve.

Hi Steve got your pm and replied...I am allways up for charity do`s, and i hope this one is well attended as i`m shure it will be, Rushden and surrounding area have a strong appriciation of good soul and charitable harts look forwards to seing you all at the working mens club...Its a shame abought Jem but i fully understand his reasons.

Regards Glyn.

Edited by glyn-w

Hi Steve got your pm and replied...I am allways up for charity do`s, and i hope this one is well attended as i`m shure it will be, Rushden and surrounding area have a strong appriciation of good soul and charitable harts look forwards to seing you all at the working mens club...Its a shame abought Jem but i fully understand his reasons.

Regards Glyn.

Thanks Glynn. Got your pm and one from Phil Attley, so times can now be sorted! Will post up tonight. Jem is still going to be DJ'ing (I hope) for a long time to come so you will see him around when he's not careering down the strip at Santa Pod.

Regards, Steve.

DJ times as follows,

8.00pm-8.45 A chance to hear a few different things from us all

8.45 - 9.30 Phil Attley

9.30 - 10.15 Jem Brittin

10.15 - 11.00 Glynn Whitbread

11.00 - 11.45 Steve Brown

11.45 - End Jem and Steve.

The emphasis will be on good dance music from all the DJ's. Requests welcome!

See you all there, Steve.

This should be a right old NORTHERN KNEES UP! looking forward to it , will be quite a fitting end to my promoting days as this is where we first started out prior to the Pembo ....COME ON GUYS AND GIRLS ! lets do it one more time :D ......unashamed fun garanteed !! CLASSICS , OLDIES, MOTOWN,with a dash of 70s ...all night long :yes:

Edited by Jem Brittin

This should be a right old NORTHERN KNEES UP! looking forward to it , will be quite a fitting end to my promoting days as this is where we first started out prior to the Pembo ....COME ON GUYS AND GIRLS ! lets do it one more time :tumbleweed3: ......unashamed fun garanteed !! CLASSICS , OLDIES, MOTOWN,with a dash of 70s ...all night long thumbup.gif

Well said, that man! I remember how we had that place kickin' before we moved to the bigger Pembo, and it will be great to do a smaller venue again. The atmosphere was always amazing there and I am looking forward to a great do for a great cause. Bring it on.

Well said, that man! I remember how we had that place kickin' before we moved to the bigger Pembo, and it will be great to do a smaller venue again. The atmosphere was always amazing there and I am looking forward to a great do for a great cause. Bring it on.

Hi Steve ,

A couple of us from MK coming up tonight , looking forward to it

Des

will be nice to get back behind the decks, i know the guys behind the charity and do a superb job for their elected cause,

im obviously not one for playing the rarest of rare ...but ive been back in the boxes and hope to bring a couple of forgotten gems tonight.

looking forward to a good start to the bank holiday regards phil

Source Advert