E-bay Cock Ups

Just a word of warning, always make sure you fully read any sellers payment info.

I recently won an item, but did not adhere to what i have just stated, i sent a payment with Bidpay, but the seller (i'll not name them as it's my fault ) did not glady accept this as indeed when i fully read the information he did indeed state no paypal...cheque/visa only.

Long and short of it is that i have a transaction flying through the air somewhere (with a few bob out of my account, and the situation still not fully cleared up.

Any how like i said it is initially my fault, and have promised to pay whatever bank charge the Bidpay transaction incurrs.

wink.gif Brett

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a word of warning, always make sure you fully read any sellers payment info.

I recently won an item, but did  not adhere to what i have just stated, i sent a payment with Bidpay, but the seller (i'll not name them as it's my fault ) did not glady accept this as indeed when i fully read the information he did indeed state no paypal...cheque/visa only.

Long and short of it is that i have a transaction flying through the air somewhere (with a few bob out of my account, and the situation still not fully cleared up.

Any how like i said it is initially my fault, and have promised to pay whatever bank charge the Bidpay transaction incurrs.

wink.gif   Brett

link

Chin up Brett, I personnaly like to insist on how I want to pay rather than adere to the wim of the seller, some of the US dealers are right up their own arses anyway.

Social source share

Chin up Brett,  I personnaly like to insist on how I want to pay rather than adere to the wim of the seller, some of the US dealers are right up their own arses anyway.

link

Yeah but if they state how they want payment on the auction; then its up to the seller.

any way - if it makes you feel better I made just as big a f*** up the other week Brett. I won a record that i didnt want, I miss-read the description. And to make you feel even better thats twice in the last few months that I've done that. Doh!!

wink.gif

Social source share

Yeah but if they state how they want payment on the auction; then its up to the seller.

any way - if it makes you feel better I made just as big a f*** up the other week Brett. I won a record that i didnt want, I miss-read the description. And to make you feel even better thats twice in the last few months that I've done that. Doh!!

shades.gif

link

I won an LP - realised it was the wrong album - mailed the seller and told him I was gonna pay him the amount for the LP, leaving the cost of postage off. He could keep the LP and sorry for the inconvenience. I was mildly gobsmacked & surprised when he said no I couldn't do that. I politely told him I could and I had.

Girf

Social source share

I personnaly like to insist on how I want to pay rather than adere to the wim of the seller

link

Even though I'm UK based I always sell in dollars and always prefer dealing with overseas people via Paypal. I will accept US $ cash and UK people can pay by £ chq or $ paypal. Reason why I use paypal $ is simple, money comes into my paypal account in dollars then I buy other records from America in dollars. Job done and thats the way I want to operate.

Anyway I'm currently in dispute with a European chap who won a record off me a month ago and said he couldnt pay via paypal even though my payment details stated this as my prefered option. He wanted to pay through Bidpay and send me a western union money order. I wasnt happy with this as my bank would charge me a set fee for handling and besides I'd get a lower exchange rate. I told the guy this and said he'd have to pay the additional bank charges I'd confer. Despite several reminders he's gone very quiet on this. I'm gonna have to report him to Ebay7 for non payment and leave him bad feedback. He'll probably reply saying bad things about my mother.....

I don't mind really as I can relist the record on Ebay and sell it relatively easily, its a King Tut funk 45 on Future Stars. I could offer it 'second chance' but I left that particular person neutral feedback recently for taking 3 weeks to pay so he might sulk over this and not get back.

Its all good fun but in the grand scheme of things its here nor there.

derek

bloody hell have just re-read my post and it makes me out to be a right obstructive pedantic so and so - er maybe I am hehehe.....

Social source share

I personnaly like to insist on how I want to pay rather than adere to the wim of the seller

link

Even though I'm UK based I always sell in dollars and always prefer dealing with overseas people via Paypal. I will accept US $ cash and UK people can pay by £ chq or $ paypal. Reason why I use paypal $ is simple, money comes into my paypal account in dollars then I buy other records from America in dollars. Job done and thats the way I want to operate.

Anyway I'm currently in dispute with a European chap who won a record off me a month ago and said he couldnt pay via paypal even though my payment details stated this as my prefered option. He wanted to pay through Bidpay and send me a western union money order. I wasnt happy with this as my bank would charge me a set fee for handling and besides I'd get a lower exchange rate. I told the guy this and said he'd have to pay the additional bank charges I'd confer. Despite several reminders he's gone very quiet on this. I'm gonna have to report him to Ebay7 for non payment and leave him bad feedback. He'll probably reply saying bad things about my mother.....

I don't mind really as I can relist the record on Ebay and sell it relatively easily, its a King Tut funk 45 on Future Stars. I could offer it 'second chance' but I left that particular person neutral feedback recently for taking 3 weeks to pay so he might sulk over this and not get back to me.

Its all good fun but in the grand scheme of things its here nor there.

derek

bloody hell have just re-read my post and it makes me out to be a right obstructive pedantic so and so - er maybe I am hehehe.....

Social source share

Just a small update, i eventually got to hopefully cancel the Bidpay order, and forwarded my bank card details........only to have that rejected wicked.gif ...Good comedy writes itself, so i decided just to save anymore hassle use an alternate card.....the seller gets back and tells me by mistake he deleted the details and can i re send the card etc..........

so this morning i bring my card downstairs, leave it on the table and pop into the garage for a second....meanwhile my wife (on her way to work) shoots back in to pick something up she forgot, and of course (in true Vauderville style) picks my bank card off the table and go's to work with it :D:P ....i can't get in touch with her because the day before my little girl decided to turn my mobile on and totally block any acess to the PIN.............hey i don't make the rules..... :D:D

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

a few months ago a mate of mine who is a right pain in the arse at times kept giving me grief about bidding for some 45,s from ebay. so i put a bid in and won the bloody awful cate brothers "where can we go". i eagerly waited for the cate brothers arrival after paying by paypal with my mate ringing to see if it had arrived every 20 minutes. finally the day came and i took the unopened package round his house only to watch him open it up and reveal a totally different cate brothers 45. so i contacted the seller who apologised and said send the record back and he would refund postage. so alls well so far. low and behold a week later another package arrived containing yes you guessed it another different cate brothers record!! any cate brothers collectors out there??

Social source share

a few months ago a mate of mine who is a right pain in the arse at times kept giving me grief about bidding for some 45,s from ebay. so i put a bid in and won the bloody awful cate brothers "where can we go". i eagerly waited for the cate brothers arrival after paying by paypal with my mate ringing to see if it had arrived every 20 minutes. finally the day came and i took the unopened package round his house only to watch him open it up and reveal a totally different cate brothers 45. so i contacted the seller who apologised and said send the record back and he would refund postage. so alls well so far. low and behold a week later another package arrived containing yes you guessed it another different cate brothers record!! any cate brothers collectors out there??

link

Dont thing this is on 45,album track off"in one eye out the other",asylum records got a few of em!!

Social source share

About 12 months ago, I had a beauty.

After winning some item, I had an email from the seller asking me to pay by paypal.

I paid immediately, but did not notice till a week later that the transacton had not completed.

I emailed seller to ask why my funds had not been accepted by her acount, and she informed me that she was having problems with paypal, so could I pay via bidpay.

It was late friday night, so I decided to pay next morning.

So Saturday midday I send payment via bidpay, and just as I have confirmed payment details I realise that I have paid the wrong amount by $1 less than it should have been.

I immediately emailed seller to inform her of my mistake, telling her that I would contact bidpay to enquire if I could change the amount.

About 30 seconds after I send this email, I get and email from the seller ripping into me about underpayment and messing about blah blah blah.

It was obvious that she had not yet read / received my email informing her of my mistake, and was firing off after receiving the bidpay confirmation.

I start to write an email back to her, when another arrived from her in my inbox...she had obviously just got my first mail, and was replying full of apologies....

I replied, telling her that it was she who had originally messed me about with the paypal transaction, otherwise payment would have been sorted by now.

I also told her it was midday in U.K. which meant it was 4 a.m. in U.S. and she should be in bed instead of sitting at her p.c. firing off abusive emails before getting the whole picture.

More apologies came my way, and transaction completed fine after this...

Ebay + paypal + bidpay + women.......it's a recipe for disaster.. :thumbsup::shhh::D

Edited by Mace
Social source share

So is anyone else having trouble with PayPal....like me.....as a verified member a d/d had been set up so that payment for any item won would be paid for straight away.......but hey !.....they sent an e-cheque out and it will take 14-21 days to clear......so my money is floating around and no goods to show for it...not at the moment, even arranged for a couriour to collect from Huddisfield at a cost of £70.00+vat as PayPal emailed and confirmed payment had been made....now I have to rearrange another collection at my expence again due to, what I say is a complete cock up.......unless someone knows better and puts me right

Social source share

Long live buying and selling records first hand i say, ebay, paypal, bidpay is all bollocks, never any redress on their part when it goes wrong or you get ripped off, fee's for listing, fees to use paypal again it's all bollocks, i played the ebay game for a couple of years until i got ripped off, no more sorry.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Long live buying and selling records first hand i say, ebay, paypal, bidpay is all bollocks, never any redress on their part when it goes wrong or you get ripped off, fee's for listing, fees to use paypal again it's all bollocks, i played the ebay game for a couple of years until i got ripped off, no more sorry.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

link

Must agree with Marks comments,the BAY is getting crap and the dealer sellers wont your monies and thier arse,s kissing aswell. F..k the bay :huh::huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert