Looking For: Arthur Fenn

Guest jinx74

Guest jinx74

anyone know this cat?

Arthur Fenn

sold him a record which i got out late in the mail due to a bad flu, hospital stay, and pink eye (long story)... anyway, hes not returning emails and im trying to reach out to him.

thanks for any and all help i can get from the board...

Moderator notice: Address has been removed.

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

anyone know this cat?

Arthur Fenn

sold him a record which i got out late in the mail due to a bad flu, hospital stay, and pink eye (long story)... anyway, hes not returning emails and im trying to reach out to him.

thanks for any and all help i can get from the board...

link

I can get a message to him later but please delete his address from the board ASAP

Social source share

Guest jinx74

honestly when i did put his addy up i erased the house address... being the ignorant american that i am... i really didnt know what town, province, or whatever else those additional names were.

like selby, north yorkshire, uk... all i understood was UK but thats like saying US so that wasnt very helpful...

anyway it wouldnt of blown up dudes spot at all due to no home address... plus all of his information is easily obtained through the UK phone directory online so it wouldnt of been such a secret anyway... and that actually lists his home address!!!

well thanks for getting that message to him... ive been trying to call him but for some reason i cant get an overseas line from my phone... once again, ignorant american...

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

honestly when i did put his addy up i erased the house address... being the ignorant american that i am... i really didnt know what town, province, or whatever else those additional names were.

like selby, north yorkshire, uk... all i understood was UK but thats like saying US so that wasnt very helpful...

anyway it wouldnt of blown up dudes spot at all due to no home address... plus all of his information is easily obtained through the UK phone directory online so it wouldnt of been such a secret anyway... and that actually lists his home address!!!

well thanks for getting that message to him... ive been trying to call him but for some reason i cant get an overseas line from my phone... once again, ignorant american...

link

you americans never understand our addresses.

i had a guy from new york ask me where i was from. i told him sheffield. he said 'what state is that in?'........'a terrible state i replied' :huh:

Shane

Social source share

link

:huh::huh::huh:

Thats great Jinx, now we all have his details :huh:

Only kidding mate, as you say its available anyway.

Arthur is quite well known here, so thats why Martin would have asked you to take the details down.

Steve

Social source share

Guest jinx74

seriously i apologize to arthur and any of those that felt like i was putting him on blast... i really wasnt nor did i want anyone to think any bad shit is going down between us because it isnt...

i fucked up by not getting a record out to him sooner due to this fucked up flu, back issue, and conjunctivitis (pink eye) that had me laid up in the hospital off and on for two weeks (about 8 days total)... so i havent heard from him whether he got the record or not and was just checking in with him after i had sent him a few emails...

see nothing big...

and yeah americans are pretty stupid in general when it comes to anything outside of their own block, neighborhood, and city... half of my folks have never been outside of the bay area... its pretty sad.

anyway, i do apologize for putting so much info but i really didnt know how else to do it... thanks to the moderators for removing the addy...

and thanks to anyone who can get in touch with arthur and let him know that i was looking for him...

Social source share

Guest jinx74

and another note from San Francisco... JJ is this DJ out here that does a pretty good 60s/70s Soul radio program just playing old 45s thats on the radio for the next hour...

you can find the program here:

https://www.kpoo.com/

hopefully this can make up for my f*** up earlier...

Social source share

Guest jinx74

and lastly... a picture of Darondo for you that i got from him... hes riding his Rolls Royce up in the snow... ahh to be a pimp in the 60s/70s...

12e0356b.jpg

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

and lastly... a picture of Darondo for you that i got from him... hes riding his Rolls Royce up in the snow... ahh to be a pimp in the 60s/70s...

12e0356b.jpg

link

man with regards to his music thought he would have been a bit more humble terry callier type figure..great photo though

got any we can get hold of ??

what is he up to now?

Social source share

Guest jinx74

bit of history: his "Legs/Let My People Go" on Af-Fa World had John Tanner, Eddie Foster, and... shit i cant remember the other musicians, on it. Darondo said that him and John and Eddie used to play chess all the time and got two more cats to cut the two tracks with them.

if you go back and listen to his Ocampo tunes... one track is definitely about women making money and bringing it home to him. and he is humble overall... well nowadays he is... but when youre pimpin you gotta play that role. he didnt have many pictures either... but he did have some quite unusual pictures of him and the mary jane girls in the green room after a show they did...

he calls his record and pimpin days the times he was living "fast"... he wont talk more about it... yet.

hes retired after travelling all over the world and playing music to patients in hospitals. now he takes care of his sons kids after they get off of school til he comes and gets them. has a beautiful house with a huge pool and a few nice cars. he was into buying and selling property for about a dozen years. hes done well for himself. real cool cat... we played his three records to him. he hadnt heard them since he released them and has no copies of his records. we also got him to play the guitar again... he cant sing his own songs very well but he can do a pretty good marvin gaye cover.

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

bit of history: his "Legs/Let My People Go" on Af-Fa World had John Tanner, Eddie Foster, and... shit i cant remember the other musicians, on it. Darondo said that him and John and Eddie used to play chess all the time and got two more cats to cut the two tracks with them.

if you go back and listen to his Ocampo tunes... one track is definitely about women making money and bringing it home to him. and he is humble overall... well nowadays he is... but when youre pimpin you gotta play that role. he didnt have many pictures either... but he did have some quite unusual pictures of him and the mary jane girls in the green room after a show they did...

he calls his record and pimpin days the times he was living "fast"... he wont talk more about it... yet.

hes retired after travelling all over the world and playing music to patients in hospitals. now he takes care of his sons kids after they get off of school til he comes and gets them. has a beautiful house with a huge pool and a few nice cars. he was into buying and selling property for about a dozen years. hes done well for himself. real cool cat... we played his three records to him. he hadnt heard them since he released them and has no copies of his records. we also got him to play the guitar again... he cant sing his own songs very well but he can do a pretty good marvin gaye cover.

link

sounds wicked

thought all you yankees had swimming pools down san fran way!!

his "didnt i" on music city is beautiful, and hopefully you can tell him that..

real gem of a soul tune :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert