Discoveries, Wouldn't It Be Great If

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Just listening to some classic tunes today, and it got me thinking..

Imagine the buzz of putting the needle to the vinyl for the first time on something like the Del-Larks or Tomangoes, and knowing you had a sure-fire, A1, monster on your hands! Wow! what a thrill that must have been, to be the first to find something like that! Most of us can only dream of doing something like that. It must be mind blowing to find say, Margaret Little or Butch's Temptones c/up, and being the first to play it out! I know how good it feels to get a tune you have been after for ages, so what must it be like to discover a floorpacker!

Ahh well........

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know he is not the most popular figure on the northern soul scene but after reading an article in The Record Collector magazine maybe from the past year makes you realise how important Ian Levine was initially.

While his (obviouslly rich) parents where on vacation in the States in the late 60s ,at a young age he was scouring the local junk shops and discovering the most amazing sounds and bringing them back to the UK and breaking them. Imagine when he discovered and then played JJ Barnes - Please let me in for the first time , its enough to send shivers down your spine. Imagine that same record been discovered and played today.

Social source share

Imagine the buzz of putting the needle to the vinyl for the first time on something like the Del-Larks or Tomangoes, and knowing you had a sure-fire, A1, monster on your hands! Wow! what a thrill that must have been, to be the first to find something like that! Most of us can only dream of doing something like that. It must be mind blowing to find say, Margaret Little or Butch's Temptones c/up, and being the first to play it out! I know how good it feels to get a tune you have been after for ages, so what must it be like to discover a floorpacker!

Ahh well........

link

still reckon my copy of m'lady- baby you lied that i have played out a few times to a good re-action could go big with more plays :D

Social source share

Ahh well........

link

I'm not sure this is a monster but a killer for sure....Stay With me by Dorian and the Mackensies. I opened a thread about this unknown 45, unknown to me :P

Edited by stoll105
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert