Soul Venue

grav

This is a venue for real soul enthusiast's not the nostalgia trippers that seem to be dictating the music at venues these days, time people moved on and listened to real soul music, Best afternoons music I've heard since i was 17 and I've only had 6 weeks off since then!

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Could'nt agree more. What a session those guys put on. No samey floor-fillers, no overplayed Motown, just the most amazing stuff I've heard in years. It's great to go out and be surprised and to hear something, and think "what is this?" "not heard this before!"

There are thousands of soul tracks out there ... and this place actually played some of the ones that rarely get an airing .. I loved every minute.

Wonderful .. more please guys!!!

Could'nt agree more. What a session those guys put on. No samey floor-fillers, no overplayed Motown, just the most amazing stuff I've heard in years. It's great to go out and be surprised and to hear something, and think "what is this?" "not heard this before!"

There are thousands of soul tracks out there ... and this place actually played some of the ones that rarely get an airing .. I loved every minute.

Wonderful .. more please guys!!!

Sounds great to me!

When is the next event? details please...

cheers

paul

Thanks Grav, your comments are very much appreciated. It was great to see you there, and I'm really chuffed you had such a good time.

May I express a massive thankyou to all of you who came along to the first Washington Sunday Soul Session on the 6th of September. A fantastic turnout of about 60 was far more than expected, and you created a brilliant atmosphere. I think we have a green light to run some more.

Thanks also to the management of the Washington who agreed to the idea in the first place and to the staff who did a cracking job keeping us all well watered!

Finally I'd like to state my enormous appreciation to the lads who gave up their time and came along to DJ - Gary Smith, Barry Holland, Paul Seward and Graham Wright - who all played stunning sets that were absolutely central to the success of the event. Thank you gentlemen.

Watch this space for news on further events.

John Moffatt

Guest Barry Holland

Thanks Grav, your comments are very much appreciated. It was great to see you there, and I'm really chuffed you had such a good time.

May I express a massive thankyou to all of you who came along to the first Washington Sunday Soul Session on the 6th of September. A fantastic turnout of about 60 was far more than expected, and you created a brilliant atmosphere. I think we have a green light to run some more.

Thanks also to the management of the Washington who agreed to the idea in the first place and to the staff who did a cracking job keeping us all well watered!

Finally I'd like to state my enormous appreciation to the lads who gave up their time and came along to DJ - Gary Smith, Barry Holland, Paul Seward and Graham Wright - who all played stunning sets that were absolutely central to the success of the event. Thank you gentlemen.

Watch this space for news on further events.

John Moffatt

JUST LIKE TO ADD WHAT EVERYONE'S SAID, REALLY GOOD AFTERNOON, WITH GREAT MUSIC PLAYED FROM ALL D.J.'S. THANKS TO JOHN FOR ASKING ME TO DO A SPOT. I CAN'T REALLY COMPETE WITH THE OTHER D.J.'S FOR RECORDS, BUT WHAT FEW RARE RECORDS I DO HAVE, I ENJOYED PLAYING THEM. SO FOR THE PEOPLE WHO COME TO THE KAY GEE BEE DON'T EXPECT THE RARER STUFF, IT'LL BE OLDIES AND MOTOWN ONLY (LOL). SERIOUSLY, THANKS AGAIN, REALLY ENJOYED IT AND NEXT TIME I MIGHT TRAVEL DOWN ON THE TRAM AND HAVE A FEW SLAVVERS. CHEERS, BARRY, KAY GEE BEE. beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

Hi Grav

I'll be away on the first weekend in October - already arranged to visit York Soul Club, so I'm looking at the 1st of November. Keep an eye on Soul Source for confirmation.

Cheers, John

Another successful venture then John

Well pleased for you m8

I'll try and ge thru when I can

Best

Ash - Soul Galore Dinno

HI JOHN

ME AND BRY REALLY ENJOYED THE AFTERNOON IN THE WASHINGTON

GREAT SOUNDS GREAT COMPANY

thumbup.gif JOE

AFTERNOONS LIKE THIS ARE WHAT THIS SCENE IS ALL ABOUT FOR ME, A TOTALLY RANDOM AND SPONTANEOUS AFTERNOON FOR ME AND MR LAKIN, THOROUGHLY ENJOYABLE, MUSICALLY AND COMPANY WISE, ALL DJ'S ON TOP FORM WILL DEFFO BE BACK FOR THE NEXT ONE :lol:

BRI PINCH.

HORTI SOUL CLUB, DARNALL, FRI 16TH OCT.

SUNDAY CHILLOUT, 18TH OCT, HORSE AND GROOM PUB, EAST LAITH GATE, DONCASTER.

Source Advert