Hull Soul Club & 'soul Recession' By Double Exposure

Guest Carl Dixon

Guest Carl Dixon

Hi everybody - I am up in Hull on personal family issues and managed to visit the Hull Soul Club on Friday evening for a few hours. I could not stay late, but what a great bunch in there and records I had never heard before. There is a genuine interest in not only the records, but anything soulful including trivia, which I love....Thank you to all who made me welcome, and for not mentioning I had a hospital visitor sticker on my Funk Brothers hoodie for the evening!

Also, 2 birds with one stone here. If anybody has not heard the full version of "Double Exposure's" soon to be released 'Soul Recession' (The Bobby Eli mix) which I co wrote with Bobby Eli and Chiquita Green in Philly last September go here:

https://www.youtube.com/phillysoultronics

In addition, if you like sort of 'modern' Philly soul you can listen to 'There I go falling in love again' by Chiquita Green, which we all wrote together as well. Don't forget the session had Earl Young, Bobby Eli, Dennis Harris, Rikki Hicks, Jimmy Wiliams and T Conway in the studio! Out the 4 songs we wrote and cut, I think the singalong on this is my favourite. Chiquita is a talented writer and performer and appeared on backing vocals along with Janice McClain! so all we need now is a little PR before the tracks turn up on iTUnes and Amazon, because I can't afford to do a CD yet!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Carl Dixon

Hi everybody -

I am back from Hull yesterday after some family health business. It was really great to get to the 'Hull Soul Club' the Friday before last. The guys up there were very cordial, especially as I was extremely stressed out with one thing and another. I manged to get their 10th anniversary gig mentioned on Harry Grundys Salford FM radio programme on Sunday evening too.

I just updated my Youtube with a better version of 'Walk away the Winner'. This is version '22' can you believe and features updated drums and a longer outro which I hope captures a mid 1970's Philly/MFSB/Salsoul/Barry White tune. If all goes well with responses, I may save up and cut this. I am just doing lyrics and am tempted to maybe record here in London....or even Hull!! If sales for 'Soul Recession' go well, when available, I may even go Stateside again. I have a plan, but not quite there yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7NaAzBlvtg&feature=channel_page

Any comments or criticisims greatly received and dissected (or deleted ha ha)!

Carl

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert