Guest dundeedavie

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Try going onto the Essential Modern Soul Forum for recommendations..........also there are a lot of unsigned artists out there who use the WWW to get there products heard, these can be truly exclusive. I dont mind Mp3's, but i must admit, theres nothing like being able to hold something & touch it as well as hear it, also i kinda like the sleeve notes & photos etc, you get with vinyl & CD's.

Hope this helps

Russ

Social source share

Jeff Ramsey debut set out now as download and Fish has it as a CD could be album of the year I.M.O. even better than that! Neil Thomo's mix of Mario Biondi/ SOS Band " This is the Finest" due as a 12" as Well a 200 run of DJ only 12s playing this constantly at the mo' could be a monster this just love it. ATB Steve

Edited by Larry Semmins
Social source share

i'm curious , are there any tracks out there that are only available on mp3 ? in that mp3 is the original format ?

Blimey Davie............you really are crossing to the dark side mate! :laugh: Seriously though.......Traxsource, Amazon, iTunes etc, as already suggested!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Blimey Davie............you really are crossing to the dark side mate! laugh.gif Seriously though.......Traxsource, Amazon, iTunes etc, as already suggested!

Cheers,

Mark R

Hahah different nights call for a different attitude , in that basics is and always will be original vinyl be that 45 or 78 ...... BUT ... Groove thing , well if the original format is cd and/or mp3 download then that avenue has to be explored also :-D

Social source share

Hahah different nights call for a different attitude , in that basics is and always will be original vinyl be that 45 or 78 ...... BUT ... Groove thing , well if the original format is cd and/or mp3 download then that avenue has to be explored also :-D

I think I like you mate!! Spot on! thumbup.gif

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

But can you play an Og WAV without a laptop laugh.gif

Then use a laptop loaded with dj software .. There is plenty out there like virtual dj and pioneer djs for example , just another tool alongside decks and CDs

Social source share

Then use a laptop loaded with dj software .. There is plenty out there like virtual dj and pioneer djs for example , just another tool alongside decks and CDs

I was having a laugh Davie . Ive been using DJ software since the year 2000 thumbsup.gif

But whats the law on CDR's for DJ's ?

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

I was having a laugh Davie . Ive been using DJ software since the year 2000 thumbsup.gif

But whats the law on CDR's for DJ's ?

don't you need a prs licence for that , a yearly fee allows you 5000 tracks i think .

Just out of curiosity why not an iPod , it's only a more efficient storage facility than a

cdr ... No ? 2 jack to phono cables and off ya pop

Social source share

don't you need a prs licence for that , a yearly fee allows you 5000 tracks i think .

Just out of curiosity why not an iPod , it's only a more efficient storage facility than a

cdr ... No ? 2 jack to phono cables and off ya pop

I'll have to dig my old one out . But I do know that most CDR dj's ,that I know ,dont have a licence shhh.gif

Ive only heard a mobile Dj use an ipod Davie , plus I dont think they have Dj software and firewire... or do they now ?

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

I'll have to dig my old one out . But I do know that most CDR dj's ,that I know ,dont have a licence shhh.gif

Ive only heard a mobile Dj use an ipod Davie , plus I dont think they have Dj software and firewire... or do they now ?

I think there is FireWire now ... I'm not advocating this btw just thinking out loud and opening up the discussion :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert