dundeedavie profile photo

Mp3 Tracks

Posted

i'm curious , are there any tracks out there that are only available on mp3 ? in that mp3 is the original format ?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yes. Loads of new soul/house/(any genre really) indie releases only gets released as MP3s. Or preferably as high quality WAV or FLAC.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

WAV is the original format :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

any ideas of where to get such things ?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

any ideas of where to get such things ?

amazon , traxsource plus juno :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Try going onto the Essential Modern Soul Forum for recommendations..........also there are a lot of unsigned artists out there who use the WWW to get there products heard, these can be truly exclusive. I dont mind Mp3's, but i must admit, theres nothing like being able to hold something & touch it as well as hear it, also i kinda like the sleeve notes & photos etc, you get with vinyl & CD's.

Hope this helps

Russ

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

i may do that

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

used to have a fair few posting current recomendations but appears to have dropped off over last few months

:thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Jeff Ramsey debut set out now as download and Fish has it as a CD could be album of the year I.M.O. even better than that! Neil Thomo's mix of Mario Biondi/ SOS Band " This is the Finest" due as a 12" as Well a 200 run of DJ only 12s playing this constantly at the mo' could be a monster this just love it. ATB Steve

Edited by Larry Semmins

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

i'm curious , are there any tracks out there that are only available on mp3 ? in that mp3 is the original format ?

Blimey Davie............you really are crossing to the dark side mate! :laugh: Seriously though.......Traxsource, Amazon, iTunes etc, as already suggested!

Cheers,

Mark R

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Blimey Davie............you really are crossing to the dark side mate! laugh.gif Seriously though.......Traxsource, Amazon, iTunes etc, as already suggested!

Cheers,

Mark R

You on vinyl carvers yet Mark ? :thumbup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Blimey Davie............you really are crossing to the dark side mate! laugh.gif Seriously though.......Traxsource, Amazon, iTunes etc, as already suggested!

Cheers,

Mark R

Hahah different nights call for a different attitude , in that basics is and always will be original vinyl be that 45 or 78 ...... BUT ... Groove thing , well if the original format is cd and/or mp3 download then that avenue has to be explored also :-D

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hahah different nights call for a different attitude , in that basics is and always will be original vinyl be that 45 or 78 ...... BUT ... Groove thing , well if the original format is cd and/or mp3 download then that avenue has to be explored also :-D

I think I like you mate!! Spot on! thumbup.gif

Cheers,

Mark R

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I think I like you mate!! Spot on! thumbup.gif

Cheers,

Mark R

But can you play an Og WAV without a laptop :thumbup:

Edited by Simon M

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

But can you play an Og WAV without a laptop :lol:

:shhh:whistling.gif:g:

post-1392-12573238066778_thumb.jpg

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

:shhh:whistling.gif:lol:

post-1392-12573238066778_thumb.jpg

Hmmm , not my choice of hardware Seb . The stuff below is nice :g:

http://www.stantondj...fs/whatisfs.asp

Edited by Simon M

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

But can you play an Og WAV without a laptop laugh.gif

Then use a laptop loaded with dj software .. There is plenty out there like virtual dj and pioneer djs for example , just another tool alongside decks and CDs

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Then use a laptop loaded with dj software .. There is plenty out there like virtual dj and pioneer djs for example , just another tool alongside decks and CDs

I was having a laugh Davie . Ive been using DJ software since the year 2000 thumbsup.gif

But whats the law on CDR's for DJ's ?

Edited by Simon M

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hmmm , not my choice of hardware Seb . The stuff below is nice smile.gif

http://www.stantondj...fs/whatisfs.asp

Totally understand! :shhh:

I prefer Serato myself, but I guess it's pretty much the same idea as FinalScratch.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Totally understand! :shhh:

I prefer Serato myself, but I guess it's pretty much the same idea as FinalScratch.

Some say Serato is the Bootleg version of FS . ph34r.gif

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Some say Serato is the Bootleg version of FS . ph34r.gif

:shhh:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I was having a laugh Davie . Ive been using DJ software since the year 2000 thumbsup.gif

But whats the law on CDR's for DJ's ?

don't you need a prs licence for that , a yearly fee allows you 5000 tracks i think .

Just out of curiosity why not an iPod , it's only a more efficient storage facility than a

cdr ... No ? 2 jack to phono cables and off ya pop

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

don't you need a prs licence for that , a yearly fee allows you 5000 tracks i think .

Just out of curiosity why not an iPod , it's only a more efficient storage facility than a

cdr ... No ? 2 jack to phono cables and off ya pop

I'll have to dig my old one out . But I do know that most CDR dj's ,that I know ,dont have a licence shhh.gif

Ive only heard a mobile Dj use an ipod Davie , plus I dont think they have Dj software and firewire... or do they now ?

Edited by Simon M

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I'll have to dig my old one out . But I do know that most CDR dj's ,that I know ,dont have a licence shhh.gif

Ive only heard a mobile Dj use an ipod Davie , plus I dont think they have Dj software and firewire... or do they now ?

I think there is FireWire now ... I'm not advocating this btw just thinking out loud and opening up the discussion :-)

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I think there is FireWire now ... I'm not advocating this btw just thinking out loud and opening up the discussion :-)

Well ipods do have thier place I guess . Mine went in the bin years ago LOL

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Don't forget CDBaby. They now do most of their albums as downloads, and many single tracks too. Probably a better bet if you are more soul orientated than House/garage.

Share this forum post

soul source url

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

• 8 / 858
    • Blackpoolsoul on 24 Oct 2019
  1. Good Tracks, Great Tracks And Guitar Pedals
    Soul Website Sales by The Dank Dank on Wed 09 Mar 2011
    • 1 / 319
    • The Dank Dank on 09 Mar 2011
    • 16 / 1118
    • TOAD on 01 Jun 2007
  2. Ooh Eck! - Wot Girlie Tracks Are Gracing Your Decks/cd/mp3
    All About the SOUL by bitchdj on Wed 07 Dec 2005
    • 87 / 3697
    • NASHEE on 11 Dec 2005
  3. ** Needed! ** Mp3's Of The Following Tracks
    Look At Your Box by Mal C on Sat 10 Jan 2009
    • 1 / 271
    • Mal C on 10 Jan 2009
  4. Moon William Mp3 & Opaz Mp3
    Look At Your Box by Guest on Tue 20 Dec 2005
    • 11 / 668
    • on 23 Dec 2005

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.