Jez Jones

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

As we approach the first anniversary of Phil Morgan's death it seems a fitting time to celebrate his life in music. There is a (recorded) one hour internet radio show on

www.ReachOnAir.com at 7pm (UK time) on Thursday December 17 (>https://www.reachonair.com/<

Cheers for that Jez, look forward to it.

I'll add it to the calendar otherwise I'll remember about an hour after its finished like I normally do :rolleyes:

Think I need an electric butt plug programmed to give me 250 volts up the jacksy to remind me when a progs about to come on :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest julie s

do hope some of his old mates from the torch.twisted wheel ,blackpool mecca,and catacoombs listen in there is a lot of the old school mentioned on this cd .May i say a great big thanx to jez for putting this on here for the family he is a diamond xx julie thumbup.gif

Social source share

will do buddy xxxxxxx

I have written the day & time on a piece of paper , and placed in it on the monitor so I will not forget .

Looking forward to it .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest julie s

NEXT THURSDAY

• Thursday November 17 @ 7pm - 8pm UK Time

Phil Morgan - A Tribute in Funk & Soul

The first quarter of the show will be some of Phil's favourites from Maxims in the seventies, the rest will be a re-mastered, digitised recording of Phil playing his first musical passion... R&B. He always did like to have the last word!

The recording was made for a Torch Revival I marketed in 1987, you need to know that so you can take some of the comments Phil makes in context.

Hope you enjoy and don't forget... "I want all of my friends from Residuals and Fox & Hound to have a big ole wake. No sadness, have a good party! For those of you in the UK I would like a ceremony to spread my ashes followed by a celebration with old disco and R&B music"

• Word of warning, although I've done my best we need to remember that the original recording was made on audio cassette. Despite my best efforts, it does tend to wow and flutter a bit!
Social source share

Guest julie s

if after you have heard the show any of phils friends, or infact anyone would like a copy of this cd i have one in my possesion and i will gladly do anyone a copy free of charge just e;mail me and i will send you one xxjulie (phils sister) thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest julie s

TO PHIL, A thousand words won't bring you back, I know because I've tried,

Neither will a million tears, I know because I've cried.

They say memories are to treasure, to some that may be true.

I never wanted memories, I only wanted you. you we,re one in a million god bless you Phil innocent.gif

one year today since phil left us going to the crem soon to see him god it,s tough xx

Edited by julie s
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert